The perfect answer to the German pic supremacy

Since people keep digging up all sorts of wonderful image archives online, I thought I'd share this one. Came across it while going through the links over on Engines of the Red Army.

www.fotosoyuz.ru

As best I can tell, as long as they're not used for commercial or promotional purposes, we're good. Are we not forever editorializing?! The Russian captions on that primary side of the house may be more informative, but it does take careful attention to figure out the where and the when. Only 2567 GPW pics available! What? You don't want aerosan pics?!

This is a small example of the grog goodness to be had. While the hunt for the Bren AA tripod yet continues, the Russians have their Maxim tripods for AA work, and the guns atop them hungrily await Hitlerites on the wing! That said, there needs to be more attention paid to camouflage.

fs-BODE/06/Bode-6-12.jpg

"I hate push starting these things!"

fs-markgrinberg-02/11/MGr-11-2537.jpg

Disaster waiting to happen--to him, the plane, or both if he fires!

fs-YSTINOV-02/29/29-Ustin-1044b_2.jpg

Where Iron Crosses grow!

fs-ZHITOMIRSKY/16/064-16_03.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

I don't know if this is the right place to report this—I don't mean to steal your thunder, John—but NOVA on PBS has been running a two hour D-Day special called "D-Day's Sunken Secrets". If your local station isn't showing it, you can find it on the PBS website. It deals with marine archeology and investigation of the wrecked ships, boats, and equipment off the Norman beach. I found it a bit light on actual content and a bit long on sentiment, but YMMV as always. Parts of it are interesting, just which parts is up to your individual taste.

Michael