Target 'Briefly'

I tried to switch an ordinary target command to a target briefly. As this was a far shot I had moved to the target and my shooter was not on the screen.

So I was pressing 'j' several times and nothing happened... Well, quite obviously it was target briefly already and I was just counting up the time.

Did you now that target 'briefly' apparently has no upper limit? I got bored as I crossed the 3 hour mark. I don't think there is anything in this game that has enough ammo for that. ;)

Seriously - pause wraps around at 1:30 and so should target briefly.

Another thing: the display for the time should be at the target not on the source because the target will be in view when you issues this command - the source may not be.

To clarify: the time for target briefly will be at the target if you target briefly from your current waypoint - correct. But if you target from another waypoint the time will be displayed at that waypoint and not the target and that is not so useful.

Did you now that target 'briefly' apparently has no upper limit? I got bored as I crossed the 3 hour mark. I don't think there is anything in this game that has enough ammo for that. ;)

You can setup a scenario where your unit has multiple ammo dumps near by maybe you could.

When I discovered the no wrap feature of the target briefly command I wondered how long someone would rack the time up. I only went for a few minutes but I knew someone would go longer than that. Congratulations, I think you are the current champ :D

wait but I use target briefly for over 1.5 minutes. Its great for long range machinegun fire I like to set some 2 or 3 minute missions and I might want longer someday. I think any place you put the wrap arround would take too many clicks to get to anyway so you might as well just reset it the old (new/current) way in fewer clicks.

P.S. but it is kind of shocking when you keep clicking it the first time waiting for the wrap around.

When I discovered the no wrap feature of the target briefly command I wondered how long someone would rack the time up. I only went for a few minutes but I knew someone would go longer than that. Congratulations, I think you are the current champ :D

Yeah - it needs dedication to achieve superior results! ;)

You can press and hold the key and it will add up quite fast so it didn't take long. :)