Replayability: Can different AI plans include different setups?

If I start over the same mission, I know that it's possible I will "draw" another AI plan, meaning that the AI will do something different than last time.

However, is it also possible that the AI troops also be located in different positions? This would mean a lot for replayability, as you wouldn't just be able to rush through areas you scouted out as safe the first time.

I did some reloading of the same map, ceasefired and then looked at the enemy setup, but it seemed every time the same.

If I start over the same mission, I know that it's possible I will "draw" another AI plan, meaning that the AI will do something different than last time.

However, is it also possible that the AI troops also be located in different positions? This would mean a lot for replayability, as you wouldn't just be able to rush through areas you scouted out as safe the first time.

I did some reloading of the same map, ceasefired and then looked at the enemy setup, but it seemed every time the same.

Go into the editor and check the AI plans. It could be they had them start from the same location. I know they can be altered as I experimented quite a bit with placement and movement making Venafro. It was the first scenario I had done and I really was not clear on what was possible. My advice - create a small scenario with a platoon and mess around with it. It can be very enlightening as to what is and isn't possible. I need to do that now that we have triggers as I haven't messed with them at all.