To the Author of "Monty's Butchers":

I picked up this scenario as a result of the "Scenario of the Month" project over at The Blitz -- something I'd recommend to anyone hereabouts as you get interesting scenarios and a chance to make the H2H experience stronger for everyone. But I digress.

I don't know yet if this scenario is balanced. I like to playtest blind and only peek behind the curtain once I've had a single playthrough.

What I can say though is:

1. It has one of the most interesting maps I've ever seen done for this system. Huge and a labor of love.

2: I thought the time allowed (1-1/2 hours!) was going to create one of those ridiculous long waits for the end of game once the matter was decided. It has not.

3: The flow of reinforcements and the scope of both the map and the TO&E are as exciting as I've ever seen.

In sum, while I'm not yet done, this is the kind of scenario that reminds me of why I love this game more than even my little lead men and tanks -- I shudder to think how much a battle of this size would cost in FoW...and where it could be played. It's also a reminder that CMx2, in the right hands, is something very, very special.

Thank You.

Best,

Jim

"Cyrano"

:/7)

As I say, I haven't finished it up yet and the purpose of The Blitz's "Scenario of the Month" program is H2H evaluation. You'd have to ask my opponent how the Axis side plays, but I'm having one heck of a good time -- and a challenge!

Best,

Jim

"Cyrano"

:/7)

I have a redone version of Monty's Butchers. But, I thought I would wait until Normandy gets patched to Red Thunder standards. I never got much feedback, good or bad, about it. I did see it was rated high on PBEM battles though (TheBlitz). The only feedback I received was questioning my use of 75mm artillery for the British. I really didn't know the British didn't use those.

• 2 weeks later...