Tank Damage Graphics

First off, I LOVE this game. I knew nothing about it until I downloaded the demo off of Adrenaline Vault and I was hooked. I loved all of the Close COmbat games (still do) but this is better. What a great great job!!

Now my question---

Are they any plans, or has it been implemented, for tanks and other vehicles to show different types of damage? It appears in the demo at least that tanks either have the blazing wreck or the non-smoking, turrent ajar wreck. Id like to see more please, if that's all we get. Whatever is realisitic. If you guys (the WWII masters) say that it isnt realistic..then enough said.

Thanks

Doug

Well, there is an infinte number of ways a knocked out vehicle can look but the turret blown slightly ajar with gun pointing downwards look was one of the more common looks.

It is realistic but I agree there were a number of other common looks also. Why aren't they all represented? Well, art costs time and money..

1 If you want them in will you wait another month for CM to ship?

2 Does the current system do the job?

I'm sure we all answered NO to the first question and yes to the second. That's your answer there wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

I think it would be a fairly simple but effective addition if one or two triangles with a litter/burned earth texture were added to the ground around the tank (similar to shellholes). From the orientation of this polygon you could show where the tank was hit without messing with the tank model itself. I am sure it would add some atmosphere, too.

Sorry if this was proposed already in the past !

Guest Big Time Software

Our original plan was to have all sorts of graphical stuff go on for damaged/destroyed tanks. Then we hit something called REALITY, and it hit back pretty hard wink.gif The biggest limitation is VRAM. While we could have a set of damge graphics for each vehicle, fairly easily, this would require a 16MB VRAM card with a 32MB card recomended ;( Vehicles already suck up a LOT of VRAM, so two sets would be pretty horrible.

Thomm, we could put in something like this if we had more time. That was the other reality we bumped into wink.gif Look for more stuff in the next full version of CM.

Steve

Thanks for the prompt reply Big Time, Though I am a little bummed out about the lack of graphics for damaged/destroyed vehicles and tanks, I can understand and appreciate the philosophy behind limiting the tank graphics right now. I think everyone would agree that it would make a realistic game even more so, but limits are limits and that's too bad.

I certainly don't want the game delayed so that graphics can be added. I'll take those improvemnts in CM2 though please!! (or in a patch). Let's get the game out the door (I preordered).

Question: Is the game's code maxed out right now which precludes any help in that department for adding on tank damage as opposed to buying new graphic cards?

--also--

Im with Ken B. I'd gladly upgrade my computer to play a CM2 if need be. Get all the goodies in 2 and kick the competition's butt!!