Hunt command and abandoned bunkers

One issue that annoys me is that sometimes you take out the squads inside bunkers but they remain "green", not taken out. The result is that any HUNT command for units that can spot the "green" bunker is negated. That restricts my options, especially when a lot of units can see it. And I don't want to spend precious HE to further attack an empty bunker. Is there any way to change the game engine so that it is considered vacated/abandoned/"red"?

Buildings can't have intrinsic weapon crews. You can't pick buildings in the forces selection screens. Buildings can't have ammo stores. Buildings don't have fixed capacity. No building can be destroyed by rifle fire. No building can survive 40 5" shell hits.

And the most important one: Buildings have no fog of war. You can always see all buildings. If they were buildings, bunkers would be visible from turn 1. Actually, they'd have to be built into the map, as that's how buildings are dealt with, so you wouldn't be able to position them yourself in scenarios or QBs.

Bunkers are treated as vehicles.

...Which, while it's the best solution for the reasons you cite, also means they (and entrenchments) are *far* more easily spotted than are unfortified infantry in similar concealement terrain. Which is ahistorical, at least for prepared (camo'ed) positions.

Maby BFC could give them a massive hide bonus?

...Which, while it's the best solution for the reasons you cite, also means they (and entrenchments) are *far* more easily spotted than are unfortified infantry in similar concealement terrain. Which is ahistorical, at least for prepared (camo'ed) positions.

Well, if they were treated as crewed weapons, you couldn't have shelter bunkers available for "just anyone" to pop into, nor extra space for non-crew in armed bunkers; I don't think you could have acquireable ammo either. That might be a soultion, though, for AT bunkers (I don't know if it's already done for the Panther Turret bunkers in GL).