Ammo dumps?

In the scenario editor, set the "vehicle status" (lower left after purchase) of vehicles that carry ammo supplies (e.g. trucks, carrier halftracks) to "dismounted." The vehicle and its ammo will be converted into a stationary ammo dump. If you have multiple vehicles under a single HQ (e.g. Platoon), the ammo from each dismounted vehicle will be compiled into a single dump. Note that if the vehicle is not carrying acquirable ammo (e.g. a tank), the dismounted option is still available, but will simply remove the vehicle from the map without creating a dump. The ammo dumps will only appear on map with the difficulty set to Elite or Iron. Otherwise the ammo is distributed to the parent formation. If there is no parent formation (e.g. an independent supply platoon), the ammo will be lost at lower difficulty levels.

The ammo dumps will only appear on map with the difficulty set to Elite or Iron. Otherwise the ammo is distributed to the parent formation. If there is no parent formation (e.g. an independent supply platoon), the ammo will be lost at lower difficulty levels.

I don't like the sound of that. But is it possible to create a scenario or QB in Iron mode, save it, and then switch to a lower difficulty level before starting play and still retain the ammo dump?

Michael

I don't like the sound of that. But is it possible to create a scenario or QB in Iron mode, save it, and then switch to a lower difficulty level before starting play and still retain the ammo dump?

The ammo is automatically allocated out to the soldiers within the unit. Stretches reality in terms of them moving the extra stocks around, but it is counter balanced by the fact that most of these units don't move much.

"no luck, tried many combinations, no ammo dump appears"

let me amend by saying I got it to work in scenario editor, but not for qbs

Not even for Armored Infantry? I have to admit I haven't tried it and can't double check just now.

Steve

Michael

"vehicle status" cannot be set in the QB purchase screen, so no ammo dumps in QBs regardless of difficulty setting.

"vehicle status" cannot be set in the QB purchase screen, so no ammo dumps in QBs regardless of difficulty setting.

I was going to say it doesn't make so much difference in QBs because you always start with flexible deployment, so you can always put the vehicles where you want them. But if you have no need for the vehicles, and having them lying around near your firing positions for reuspply would be a liability (often leading to no longer having a vehicle to resupply from), and you still have to board them to resupply (tricky to do in-place for bearer-less weapon teams), I have to wonder why this isn't allowed. Even if there's no points discount for not having the mobility option.

Sucks.