AI surrender - how to disable it?

I've ran across 1 or 2 scenarios where the enemy force is wiped out from the entire map. Yet the AI does not surrender unless I cease fire or time runs out.

What's the trick to do that (I suppose it's via scenario editor obviously)?

Reason for it is, I somehow enjoy mopping up weakened enemy units with infantry, instead of blasting them to pieces with artillery and cannons. Now I've done the heavy job proper of securing the objective and victory, I'd like to light a smoke and have some fun in the "after battle".

The scenario designer will likely have allocated the AI player reserves that never arrive to ensure that the AI does not surrender prematurely. By that I mean, if it is a 2 hour scenario, there will be 'reinforcements' due to arrive at the 3 hour point. In my opinion there would be little value in you going into the editor and extending the time because the 'reinforcements' will likely just arrive in a clump at one end of the map.

If you put a large reinforcement group, timed so that it will never enter the map before the timer runs out, the average morale state is boosted by these undamaged units and the AI will never offer a surrender. At least that's one method I think I've seen suggested by the heroes who build the things...

Thanks guys. Maybe large reinforcements in exile is not the only option though? One of the no-surrender scenarios I've played is "Route Recce" in the Semper Fi Syria campaign, and the RedFor has no reinforcement for them. Another one IIRC is Dumayr Riot in Highland Games, the reds have reinforcements but they all arrive due time. I wonder if something is done to the victory conditions, like parameters and the points. Or is it something more complex? I've opened up both in scenario editor but couldn't find any pattern in there. Woulda test it myself if only I know how...

Pretty sure it is as I described - it took me a while to learn this trick with some of my earlier CMSF scenarios resulting in AI surrenders before I really wanted them to before being made aware of it. My Taliban enemy in most of these were 'fanatic' and had some reinforcements arriving late in the game. Basically when the AI gets below about 40% CE a surrender is triggered.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think casualties count toward the morale average. If you killed the opposition faster than you demoralised them, those 8 offmap guys will still be in good nick, making the average morale state "OK", and not forcing a surrender. I suspect that's easier to do with modern firepower than WW2...