RT & H2HH: calling GaJ!

PhilM

Can anyone help me, all of a sudden H2H is not working, every time i open the thing i get this?

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 6, in <module>

File "__main__.py", line 128, in <module>

File "__main__h2hh__.py", line 113, in <module>

File "controller.py", line 47, in __init__

File "appstate.py", line 66, in __init__

File "old_appstate.py", line 34, in open

File "old_appstate.py", line 30, in __init__

File "old_permadict.py", line 30, in __init__

File "shelve.py", line 239, in open

File "shelve.py", line 223, in __init__

File "anydbm.py", line 82, in open

error: db type could not be determined

Does anyone have any idea what the hell this is? I am running windows 8.1 and things were fine up until today, only thing i changed was that I decided to run my computer as a user rather than administrator and it was asking for a password before it would run, and that became a hassle so I changed back, now it will not run, even when I reinstall it.

Will the current (v11.2) version of H2HH work "as is" with RT simply by "installing" RT as a new title?

Or does H2HH need to be updated to recognise RT as a CMx2 title?

Pretty sure Gaj will need the .brz file names for it to work. I think I gave them to him for Market Garden when it came out.

Pretty sure Gaj will need the .brz file names for it to work. I think I gave them to him for Market Garden when it came out.

Makes sense ... thanks for the info. Hopefully GaJ is poised, waiting :D - couldn't manage without H2HH, nor bear to wait to play RT!

This is from the log, right? It doesn't look like any of the errors I have ever seen. It appears that it cannot find the database it is looking for.

Have you verified that h2hh is looking in the right place for your install?

Don't know how to correct it as I cannot even open the program, all I get is this string. How do I verify it is looking in the right place?

Don't know how to correct it as I cannot even open the program, all I get is this string. How do I verify it is looking in the right place?

Afraid I use a Mac version, not Windows, so I cannot help much. And as Jim said, I've never seen an error message like this (unsurprisingly, I guess, as this is windows based): but if H2HH won't start, then presumably you aren't even getting as far as being able to look in the log to try and trace the error?

If it is any help, there is a new Windows version, 2.11.3, updated 10 days ago (?), that may address some Windows issues. Try that?

Available here:

http://bit.ly/h2h-helper

• 1 month later...