Expansions question (CW vs MG)

which one is ''better'' and why

or maybe better way to put it is:

1.does MG feels like something bigger in comparison to CW?

2.is CW focused on Normandy only and adds units/mapsthat are related to Normandy?

(more closer to the original cm:bn setup?)

if you understood well these expansions , what would you say to someone who is new to this. basically

2.is CW focused on Normandy only and adds units/mapsthat are related to Normandy?

if you understood well these expansions , what would you say to someone who is new to this. basically

I don't think you can call one "better" than the other. Each is different and adds in a different "direction" than the other. MG extends the timeline and adds new geography. CW adds depth and breadth to the Normandy phase.

Wow that is a tough question. I am not sure there is a definitive answer.

I am not sure if bigger is the right way to put it. MG is centred around a specific engagement which I happen to find interesting. And it adds a new location - Holland. The CW module sure adds a lot of new vehicles etc. I really am not sure if having the MG module by itself would give you the same variety of units. I think I would miss the Canadians - but that could be just me:D

I would say that is true. I do not recall if the time frame was extended for the CW module or not - might want to check that. It is a pretty big addition though.

I guess I would say in the end you want both of them. If you are planning on getting one at a time I would say get CW and play the heck out of it and then get MG and keep playing.

<snipped>

The CW module sure adds a lot of new vehicles etc. I really am not sure if having the MG module by itself would give you the same variety of units. I think I would miss the Canadians - but that could be just me:D

<snipped>

Also, CW add German Luftwaffe & SS units. These are not in MG.

I think it comes down to where a player's passion is most focused on. If you think slugging through the hedgerows with big combined arms forces is your cup of tea, then Commonwealth is definitely the way to go. If you have always been fascinated by Market Garden, with it's focus on small unit actions fought by a range of competent and incompetent forces, then Market Garden is the way to go. If passion is split, get both :D

As a reminder there are quite a lot of German units in Market Garden that are not in Commonwealth. The big one is Fallschirmjäger formations. For SS units there are SS Grenadier formations which are not part of Commonwealth and various selected SS armored units that are found in Commonwealth. Though the bulk of the armored SS units are in augmented, non standard TO&E vs. what is in Commonwealth. To round things out, there are various low quality formations from Heer, Luftwaffe, Waffen SS, and even Kriegsmarine present in Market Garden. The latter are extremely interesting to some (like me!).

Steve

Get them all as soon as you can afford them. You might want to get CW before MG as it offers a whole lot of new armies. But if you are fascinated by the Market-Garden battle and can't wait to get into it, you should get that as your first module. Like with so many things, it comes down to a matter of taste. But ultimately, you should get the complete set.

Michael