New flavor objects?

I was looking again at the beta screenshots and appreciating the new wooden village houses, onion-domed church, wooden rustic picket fences, etc.

OK, so what might BFC have up its sleeve to make those EF settlements come alive? Will we be getting some classic commie propaganda posters? Statues of Lenin for city squares? How about something for those poor empty railyards, like signals and rolling stock?

Any chance of better ruins (i.e., more diverse and partial walls, etc.)? Industrial things like a factory chimney or an oil storage tank?

I'm still hoping we'll eventually get tram/trolley tracks on cobblestones because the standard RR tracks don't work for this on urban maps. That would be important in all of E Europe as well as Germany.

I was looking again at the beta screenshots and appreciating the new wooden village houses, onion-domed church, wooden rustic picket fences, etc.

Yeah, BFC has really done themselves proud. I've really been grooving on some of the architecture, especially the gingerbread on some of the rustic houses. Somebody has done some massive research on how things looked.

Michael

I think we'd see Nazi propaganda posters rather than Commie as we're moving into German held territory. Rail signals would be great. I bet we could find a WWII eastern Front Railroad grog because Railroad grogs are just as obsessed as Tank grogs. I don't think we'll see rolling stock for the same reasons we won't see civilian vehicles yet on any front. Dan Olding said they won't do them until they can change from a relatively undamaged state to a blown up and burnt out state.

I noticed the cabbage patch however. Interesting. We'll need a cabbage grog however to let us know what times a year we'd have full grown cabbages. Off the top of my head I think June is just about right.

I'm still hoping we'll eventually get tram/trolley tracks on cobblestones because the standard RR tracks don't work for this on urban maps. That would be important in all of E Europe as well as Germany.

You forgot Holland ;) Although Market Garden does fine without it, I guess.

There was basically no wood structures in the earlier CM titles. Stone, brick and stucco as far as the eye could see. With the exception of oldstyle timber framing (which actually has masonry filling between the timbers). The first thing you notice researching the eastern front is how that all changes. Not just wood building construction but even log cabins! Get out of the city center and villages become a woodworkers paradise. I joked to Steve that if he wants to do credible eastern front terrain all he has to do is match what he sees out his own back window up there in Maine. :)