Video Production and Screenshots

Hello Battlefront,

As you may have noticed many players like taking screenshots and making videos. The UI can be edited out of screenshots rather easily. However, to remove this in video requires a bit more sophisticated software than most of us are willing to shell out for.

Could Battlefront include a toggle that allows the player to turn the UI on and off?

Thx

Hello Battlefront,

As you may have noticed many players like taking screenshots and making videos. The UI can be edited out of screenshots rather easily. However, to remove this in video requires a bit more sophisticated software than most of us are willing to shell out for.

Could Battlefront include a toggle that allows the player to turn the UI on and off?

Thx

There is a free version of Fraps. Either that or BFC can attach Fraps to the game for an additional $49.95. Free is better.

I agree with your suggestion, Jack Ration.

It would be nice to have the option to toggle of the user interface, but also for instance the floating icons, landmarks, objectives and so on - all in one bundle.

In CM1 we had a button called "Hide Play Aids" (if I remember correctly). With one click it toggled off unit bases, icons, hit texts and probably more. It would be nice to have something like this introduced into CM2 as well, though I´d like to take it a step further:

Why not make a customizable "Hide Play Aids" function - ie one where you can add your own toggles.

An example: When I am in the orders phase I like to have most play aids on, like for instance floating icons and objectives. I also have trees set to "Show Nearby Trunks Only" (brilliant and very useful invention, by the way).

But in the replay phase - and when I record videos of course - I toggle all of these things of: No floating icons, no objectives or landmarks and Show Trees On. Thus, right now it takes me three or four clicks to change from my preferred view in the orders phase to my preferred view in the replay phase - and that get to be a bit of a hassle.

If we had a customizable "Hide Play Aids" then I would be able to turn all these functions - including the user interface - on or off with just one click. And everybody else would be able to do the same - with their own pet functions.

Hope you´re listening, BFC ;)

Oh, and while we´re talking about improvements that would assist in game video production, I´ll paste in one of my other pet wishes:

I would really like a option for having a close up view of a unit when you "view lock" unto it. At the moment if you lock your view to a unit at level 1 then the camera is about 20 metres away from it. One of the problems this causes is that if you´re locked unto a unit moving in an urban area, then the camera will most of the time travel through the houses next to the streets - or even the backyards - and you wont actually see the unit/vehicle itself.

Some might say that you can just use the zoom function to get closer to the unit, but I do not consider this a solution. The zoom works much like real camera zoom which means that the perspective and background gets distorted when using it.

I enjoy capturing footage of my battles and sometimes make little movies out of it. Unfortunately, the lack of a close up view lock function prevents the capturing of many of the shots that I´d consider the most interesting.

A tiny niche request, I know. But probably not one that would be very complicated to implement.