New to CM

zovs66

Greetings, confused on the concept and availability of CM1 vs. CM2.

I see there is bundles, updates and it's all very confusing.

I am interested in the CM1 Barbarossa to Berlin and the AK stuff, but if it's in version 1 how does that impact version 2?

Will these be upgraded to v2?

Currently I am downloading the demos for CM:B2B, CM:Overlord and CMAK.

Can someone give me a outline or summary of all this?

Thanks.

Thanks guys.

One question if CMAK and CMBB will never be upgraded to CMx2 engine why is that?

Would you not want to play the Eastern Front or Afrika theatre on the newer engine?

The CMx2 game system is still growing while the CMx1 system has ceased. There is an Eastern Front version of CMx2 scheduled to come out sometime this year which you can read about in the 'Christmas Bone' stickied threads in the CMx2 forums. It's possible that Africa could be revisited in CMx2 in the future. You just have to be patient. ;)

Thanks ASL Veteran.

CMx1 and CMx2 were confusing me.

BTW you play ASL?

Yes I did, although I probably haven't played it in ... oh at least ten years. I never owned the game although I think I did own a copy of SL back in the day. I just played my friend's copy of ASL and he sank an endless amount of money into it trying to stay current.