Intel HD 4000 thougths - and HelloWorld! again..

Well,

I'm starting to pick up steam to do a CMBN buy.

[EDIT] Well, bought and downloading now.. Could not wait :eek: [/EDIT]

Othermeans woke my interest pick up CM again after almost half a decade plus..

When I checked out, my last post was from 2007.. :o

The thing is, I usually play on the laptop and it's a OSX thingie with the 3 big OS'es on it.

One as a daily driver, one for testing and one for... uhm games :rolleyes:

I tried the demo and it works good under OSX but not in GameOS/Win8 on the little thingie..

But I have no other OSX compatible hw in the house, and my "gaming rig" has GameO/Win8 on it, so if I buy the OSX version I cannot play on the gaming rig and so forth...

So now to my question :P

Have anyone got this to work on a Intel HD4000 hw?

I can perhaps trade my MacBook Pro to another newer one with a HD4000, so that I can play on both computers.

Is is a lost cause, thoughts?

--

Regards Folke

4000-what? Exactly.

I have a Haswell Laptop here with a 4600 Intel graphics and it actually is an astonishingly well doing chip driving a 1920x1080 display. Way better than what I was used to with laptop dedicated chips (low second digit nvidias and some quaddro garbage).

I can't try CMx2 on it, though, it's running Linux.

4000-what? Exactly.

I have a Haswell Laptop here with a 4600 Intel graphics and it actually is an astonishingly well doing chip driving a 1920x1080 display. Way better than what I was used to with laptop dedicated chips (low second digit nvidias and some quaddro garbage).

I can't try CMx2 on it, though, it's running Linux.

Hi, again :)

I use Linux as a daily driver too, but I have GameOS on it for work relat...erh..well..you know :)

And when I read up on the specs, it says: Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 4000. (http://support.apple.com/kb/SP649)

But I can always try it out and see if it works..

--

Regards Folke

Hi, again :)

I use Linux as a daily driver too, but I have GameOS on it for work relat...erh..well..you know :)

And when I read up on the specs, it says: Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 4000. (http://support.apple.com/kb/SP649)

But I can always try it out and see if it works..

Those stats suck. You have Ivy bridge there which is just one notch lower than my Haswell. Might work.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 will work for the Mac (though not very fast/powerful), but on the Windows side it will rarely work. There have been SOME driver versions for the HD Graphics 4000 that have worked, but it is possible that they may NOT be supported on your MacBook. Many laptops have to use drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer, and they cannot use the ones provided by Intel directly. I'm not familiar with the limitations of the Intel drivers and BootCamp, but you may come across this limitation.