Progress Report

Guest Big Time Software

Things are going great. We are about to kick off Vehicle Days. This is where we blitz through all sorts of models that have been backed up do to AI coding. We'll be adding the following models this week:

Jadgtiger

Tiger

Kübelwagen

German Truck (generic large truck)

Hummel

Nashorn

Jagdpanzer IV

StuH 42

Comet

Challenger

Firefly

British Truck (generic large truck)

M24 Chaffee

M26 Pershing

M10 TD

M18 TD

M36 TD

M8 Armored Car

Uh, I'm probably forgetting stuff too wink.gif Some others are in but in need of touch ups (Sherman IIa, Humber SC, and Deuce and a Half).

Steve

I'll be sure to torture everyone on the board with reports of how they do on the field of battle wink.gif

Nashorn and "Guderian's Duck" eh?

I'm gonna take them for a spin for sure.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

LOL Dar,

It's more like CM is distracting me from EVERYTHING else than it is that those things are distracting me from CM wink.gif.

Nice try though you evil sneak you wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Big Time Software

Boris,

Yes, we are in the home stretch for Beta. What we are doing now is putting in all the vehicle data (even if some models are placeholders) and knocking down the bug list as much as possible. The last thing we want to see as a dozen reports about a bug that we already identified last month smile.gif Once that is over with... Beta!

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

I am planning on doing a Parade Ground type of shot. However, it will be a couple of weeks before ALL of the above list are fine tunned and tweaked. Right now we are just trying to get as many in for Beta testing, pretty or not. Buggers are really time consuming smile.gif

Steve

Guest KwazyDog

Ben, I *believe* models in CM are in their own format, but are modeled in a 3D package, such as 3D Max. Im not sure of the process, but they need to be converted from their standard 3D format to CM's format.

Textures and all are put in place in the game, not in the 3D modeling program.

A LOT happens for yo to go in making one and it certainly isnt a quick process, but I think the end result is certainly worth it. What you have seen thus far in screenshots is only the tip of the iceberg smile.gif I think people are really going to be blow away seeing models they built as a kid driving around a 3D battlefield smile.gif

Anyways, Im sure Steve can explain the process in more depth the I smile.gif

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 09-10-99).]