Mac Demo Problem, crash on loading scenario?

The demo opened and ran one battle perfectly. Then it kept crashing when I tried to load something else. Is this a known issue that is fixed in the actual game?

It was nice to see what the game is actually supposed to look like though. The improvement in the visuals was not small coming from a core two duo processor.

What is the "something else" that you are trying to load, a saved game or a specific scenario ? The Demo will ONLY work with the scenarios that come with it, if you were attempting to load one that didn't come with it (though these shouldn't appear in the scenario list either).

What Mac do you have and what MacOS are you running ?

1.10 (which is what the current Demo is based on) did have a problem with barbed wire that was fixed with 1.11, though I don't recall if the Demo has barbed wire in any scenarios.

MacBook Pro

16 gb

intel iris pro 1024

osx 10.9

I installed the demo and opened one scenario. It looked and worked great. I closed that scenario and tried to open another one. It crashed on the loading progress screen, the one where it reads off a percentage. All further attempts to load a scenario failed.

Could be a driver issue with the Iris Pro. If you try to load a different scenario - say, the same scenario again - does it still crash? If you load the "something else" scenario first does that crash?

Try the CMFI demo and see if it has problems too or not. The CMFI demo is version 1.0+ (somewhat 1.01) and it utilizes the same engine that CMBN 2.0 has. If you have the same or worse problems with the CMFI demo, then I suspect that the full version will have a problem too.

If the issue ends up being the Intel Iris video driver, then that typically won't get updated until Apple releases an update to Maverick (OS 10.9.x), so your problem would most likely continue. The video drivers (and other drivers) don't get updated with each OS update, so if it is driver related, then there may not be a fix for quite awhile.

UltraDave - are you having the same problem too ? If not, exactly what is the problem that you're experiencing ?

Since your MacBook has the Radeon HD 6770M, then the game should be running on that and my experience with that particular graphic chip has NOT suggested any issues with the game (so far). However it is possible that MacOS has its autoswitching routines detecting CM as best to run on the Intel HD 3000. That MAY bring up issues, though the Intel integrated video has behaved better with CM under MacOS than it has under Windows.

To determine what CM is being run with, check this Apple Support article about determining which graphics processor is in use. If it turns out that CM IS running on the Intel instead of the Radeon, then you can possibly turn off 'Automatic graphics switching' and then attempt to run CM and see if it behaves any differently.

The bundle is bought, installed, and working perfectly. A solid state drive completely transforms how much of the game you can get played. You guys have been busy since I gave up playing on the core 2 duo a year or so ago. :)

My computer did have an issue with the version of the 1.11 patch in the bundle download, but the one from the website worked fine. Only having to deal with one activation was very nice.