Custom Map & Quick Battle

Quick battle maps have to be saved into the Quick Battle Maps directory. /Game Files/Quick Battle Maps instead of /Game Files/Scenarios.

Also, make sure the Battle Type the map is set to in the editor matches the Battle Type you have selected in the QB screen or it won't show up in the list. The name of the map is actually irrelevant.

Quick battle maps have to be saved into the Quick Battle Maps directory. /Game Files/Quick Battle Maps instead of /Game Files/Scenarios.

Also, make sure the Battle Type the map is set to in the editor matches the Battle Type you have selected in the QB screen or it won't show up in the list. The name of the map is actually irrelevant.

Thanks...

I had saved into the quick battle maps location but what I hadn't done is consider the battle type.

So if one wants the map to be usable for all battle types then one has to save it once for each battle type?

Attack Assault Probe Maps are all designed with setup areas that make sense for attacking/defending missions. The are NOT useable for Meeting Engagements. I urge you to put any QB Map that shipped with the game in the editor and carefully look at the setup areas and AI Movement orders. Just because an attack/defend scen CAN be played as an attack/defend QB mission does NOT mean it'll fun/interesting to play. The scen original movement orders, time delays and arty setup that were brilliant often becomes just plain weird (that sniper creeping in with movement orders to the church steeple is now a platoon of Wespes!)