CMX2 and Win 8.1

Do they work together? I thought I read that if you install 8.1 after you already have CMBN (FI) on your hard drive there are problems, but if you install 8.1 first, and then CM over top of it, they work ok.

Windows is prompting me to upgrade and it may end up being inevitable. I actually almost upgraded by accident.

Do I need the scrubber tool that removes the DRMs stuff before upgrading?

Mord.

Thanks. I just read the whole thread and I think my brain melted. I might wait on updating to 8.1 until they make me.

Did they change the way files are alphabetized in 8.1? By that I mean in XP you could set up a folder where say your MP3s are in alphabetical order and separated into sections A, B, C, ETC. all the way to Z. In Win 8 the idiots made it so files are grouped under A-H, I-P, and Q-Z. It pisses me off because it makes it harder to find stuff. They screwed up sound recorder too. I don't understand why they take something that works great for a decade and all of a sudden some jerk genius thinks breaking it is making it better.

Mord.

Yeah, it groups alphabetically but puts everything from A to H together, then everything from I to P together etc. In XP every letter had it's own group. So basically in 8 you only have three groups as opposed to 26. It's just stupid that they'd change something so basic and straight forward and make it suck...just like sound recorder.

Mord.

Yeah, it groups alphabetically but puts everything from A to H together, then everything from I to P together etc. In XP every letter had it's on group. So basically in 8 you only have three groups as opposed to 26. It's just stupid that they'd change something so basic and straight forward and make it suck...just like sound recorder.

Mord.

Microsoft decided the alphabet is just too confusing, too many choices. 8.1 is the first step. Each of those groups will be replaced with a single new character and those individual letters will be replaced in all words going forward.

Good luck knowing whether they meant air or dot.