Steam Box

CM without hotykeys sounds like a nightmare of frustration. I think the Steam OS/Box has some potential but for any game that needs hotkeys I'll never use their controller. You can add non-Steam games to your games list for launching so it could work, "technically" but you can already do that now. And for the record I really do like Steam and use it for almost all of my PC game purchases.

CM without hotykeys sounds like a nightmare of frustration. I think the Steam OS/Box has some potential but for any game that needs hotkeys I'll never use their controller. You can add non-Steam games to your games list for launching so it could work, "technically" but you can already do that now. And for the record I really do like Steam and use it for almost all of my PC game purchases.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude ... we should know pretty soon how well the controller works when the beta users start posting videos and opinions. The controller is really the key to it all and I think valve realizes that if it doesnt provide the same experience that you get from using a keyboard and mouse then it will flop. Hot keys are essential to any RTS and for the record I don't consider CM to be a true RTS.

RTS and FPS players are a big part of steams player base however and if the controller doesn't work just as well as a mouse and keyboard then the RTS players won't have anything to do with it.

I never touch games that have a console interface, especially not when running on a PC. It's like volunteering for lobotomy.

Well, if you ever decide to try I suggest Batman: Arkham Asylum, at least they have the facilities to handle the procedure :) Seriously, it depends on the type of game and the tastes of the player.