Brixia platoon HQ not sharing shells

Yep. If you click on a "pointy end" unit, only the units that highlight along with it (in this case, other teams in the section and the section HQ) can share ammo amongst themselves. Sadly, those shells with the Plt HQ won't be accessible to any Brixia, in the normal run of things; you'll need to get a Brixia shooter killed and have the HQ give them buddy aid.

Out of curiosity, what truck had Brixia ammo on board? Mana from heaven, those...

Hmm, some aspects of ammo sharing are quite.

'No Luigi - you may be my underling with the mortar but how dare you want MY mortar shells - those which I can lug around but do nothing else with.'

In real life they would have probably dropped the shells as soon as they saw a team. :)

This is from a scenario in the "Route to Ribeira" CMPzC campaign so I don't know. And kohlenklau, when you read this: don't get any ideas that I'm out of Brixia shells. Or better: get the idea and find out the truth! :D

The strict demarkation of sharing boundaries is part of the price you pay for the ease of swapping ammo between belt and box and en-bloc-clip, and the speed of acquisition (in RT or a well-timed WeGo resupply, a truck full of dogfaces can find BAR magazines, belted ammo for the M1919, .45 ACP for Sarge's Tommy gun, all in the exact right numbers and in a matter of seconds).

Well the good new is that the next patch for CMFI will have units being able to share ammo from other units that are not in their parent formation (If I have understod things correct - this feature is brought in with CMBN MG module).

I hope we'll eventually be able to acquire ammo from adjacent units and vehicles without having to embark and disembark which can take an unrealistically long time when playing WEGO and several teams or squads needing ammo at the same time.

There should take a reasonable amount of time (eg: 10-20 seconds) rather than being instantaneous.

Also, the amount of ammo a unit can carry could be reduced a bit. Right now it seems we can load up small teams with thousands of rounds of ammo and they can still run rather further that I would expect before tiring. I reckon with enuff ammo, the team would be staggering and shouldn't be able to run at all.