Combat Mission Pacific

Hwyranger

Is Battlefront ever going to release a CM Pacific covering the numerous battles and actions which raged across the Pacific during WW2.

Almost 100% certain not to happen.

And if not, Why not?

Basically what Wicky said, the subject just doesn't grab them. And before anyone starts arguing reasons why they should do it anyway, you should consider what a labor of love game design is...at least good game design. If they are not personally enthusiastic about a project, it would just wither and die. I should mention that I am totally sympathetic towards this view even though like others I would welcome a game on the subject. But I know just how much creative work depends on inspiration. Money alone creates merely a crass, tin-plated product with no magic in it.

Michael

Hwyranger,

The PTO CMx2 game many here would love is a BFC nonstarter (as the case in CMx1), barring, say, A Christmas Carol type wargame ghost experience for Steve. LLF has done yeoman work, and he is not alone.

There is good news, though, in that Steve said that post MG there would be a mod pack for doing Scheldt Estuary scenarios. This explicitly includes what the British called Buffaloes, but we called LVTs/Alligators/amtracs and similar. I don't recall whether or not we get Higgins boats/LCVPs (doubt we'll see Terrapins), but even if not, having the LVTs offers huge possibilities. Now, if we could just get flamethrowers...

Meanwhile, here's a PTO appetite whetter.

LVT Development History in WW II

http://www.scribd.com/doc/37497439/Alligators-Buffaloes-And-Bushmasters-Marine-Corps-LVTs

Field expedient mods to LVTs at invasion of Saipan--as groggy as it gets!

http://www.themua.org/collections/archive/files/7059e312e15b3fcf6bbadfaf2e1ec6c7.pdf

Regards,

John Kettler