Cmbn: Can Anyone Help Me?

I have been trying unsuccessfully to play PBEM 2 player in CMBN. I go to Main game screen and select: Battles; then I select a Battle and it takes me directly to the Password page, without being able to do a set-up? *although it tries to load the game for a second.

Then next page has scenario name. Then the game returns to Main Game page again. I keep going back and forth with my opponent without us being able to proceed. Is my game defective? Can someone out there advise me please. Anyone. What do I need to do. I have a Mac and the game is updated to v2.01. Thanks.

:confused:

I have been trying unsuccessfully to play PBEM 2 player in CMBN. I go to Main game screen and select: Battles; then I select a Battle and it takes me directly to the Password page, without being able to do a set-up? *although it tries to load the game for a second.

Then next page has scenario name. Then the game returns to Main Game page again. I keep going back and forth with my opponent without us being able to proceed. Is my game defective? Can someone out there advise me please. Anyone. What do I need to do. I have a Mac and the game is updated to v2.01. Thanks.

:confused:

The first turn of a PBEM has no set up. I know its kind of strange, but your first exchange will just be setting passwords. Your follow on exchanges will allow for setups and the game will continue.

• 4 weeks later...
Just wondering why these extra steps, not needed in the original game?

Password protection better?

Not sure exactly why the first round of a scenario is pw only but the way the game exchanges turns is quite bit faster than the old way. So you quickly forget that extra first turn.

Now with PBEM ever turn you get to watch a minute and give orders. Every time both sides get to do that. By the second minute you are already ahead on the number of turn files you have to exchange and the benefit just goes up from there.

Just wondering why these extra steps, not needed in the original game?

Password protection better?

In the CMx1 games the player who set up the game could cheat a bit by playing his opponent's first turn for him before sending the file. In a QB this allowed him to see the randomly generated map before picking his forces while his opponent had to pick blind.