BFC, I have only ONE (heartfelt) feature request...

I admit it, I'm not a grognard. I don't know what PSW means or SPW. I don't know the effect of a 37mm gun vs a 20mm gun on different vehicles. I'm by no means a noob. I joined these boards back when there was a raging debate about whether CM should be 2D or 3D! CM is my favorite game of all time. I've learned a lot about WWII equipment and tactics, and I love H2H QBs (member of WeBob).

However, I realize there is SO much to learn and I simply don't have the time to turn myself into a grog.

I've also realized that I have a much more difficult time with CM QBs during the force purchase process than I did in CMx1. On more than one occasion this has caused me to lose the match. This is because I have no idea what the capabilities of many of the units are. Yes, I know, RTFM, but the manual does not answer all the questions. For example, how many guys are in a certain platoon, so I know how many trucks to buy. It is a cumbersome process to look units up in the manual, and then open the editor and inspect them, make notes, and then go back to my purchasing. Trying to figure units out across the two manuals (FI and GL) is even more frustrating.

So, I've decided that I can live with everything else about CM, as-is, except for this. My sole and heartfelt request is to have the next version of this game include some tool-tips/r-click/pop-up info about the units presented to me during purchasing. Like in the CMx1 days, it was a lifesaver. The CMx1 unit info was extremely important to me learning enough about WW2 units to even play the game (when I first started I didn't know the difference between a Panther and a Tiger!).

So, I figure that BFC has all the unit data, and has 3D models, so why not present some cool popup windows that show the relevant unit data, and a wireframe model of the unit or something cool like that? It would be SO helpful to me, a veteran player, but also absolutely indispensable to new players who don't know jack about WW2 units. I believe this is a barrier to entry for this game for new players unfamiliar with WW2 units.

This is officially my ONLY request to BFC, and I really am hoping and praying that they add this back in, as it would make the game much more enjoyable for me, and help me recruit others to play (I have one family member in mind who thinks it is way too complicated and confusing).

So, BFC, will you please add this back? Please? I'm begging now, I think!

I hear you. Forget my fancy UI ideas then. I'd be OK with just the basics. For example, a R-click on the unit name brings up literally the text and picture from the manual. I'd be happy with that! Just a simplistic HTML or text page with the info for each unit. Just a helpful, low-tech reference is all I need. I just want the information without having to go hunting for it in the manuals, opening the editor, taking notes, etc. Each module I feel like I'm back to square one with it.

I am sure it is going to be a boring and repetitive task for the junior person on the BFC programming team. But maybe it is something that we the community could assemble for them, if they give us the framework somehow? I'd be happy to put in some time on it. I'm sure others would to. Just thinking out loud here...