need help to access BF.com

Hi,

I see these threads are old, so I hope someone official will see this.

I have been a Combat Mission fan since the inception of the game, and own all the titles. Some time ago I bought CMSF (from Paradox; what was I thinking?) and of course it's been a headache ever since. I have it patched to v 1.20.

MY MAIN PROBLEM: I see now that there is a Battlefront patch (v 121) which returns it to legitimate status. I would like to get this patch but can't access the battlefront.com site. Although my Username and Password still work here (the forum) I am told that they are 'invalid' at Battlefront.com. This also means I can't access the 'helpdesk.' What gives? Do I need two separate identities to access Battlefront?

OTHER: In reading the instructions a couple of other question have come up. I have had CMSF on my computer (actually the 2nd one) for so long I can't remember the installation. I usually keep pretty complete records but I have no Key Code (and don't remember one). Do I need such a thing? and I don't remember anything about eLicensing. Is this stored on my computer somewhere? Do I need it for anything? How do I 'unlicense'?

And... if I buy a module (say Marines) will it install with this game, and would I then not need the v121 patch. Just checking.

well, thanks for taking the time to read this, and cheers.....

Tom M. (Tobruk)

The retail battlefront.com site needs a different login and password to the community forum. Do a 'create new account 'and you should be able to get the updater file.

Sorry I forget the patch/updater sequence, as I had to do what you're trying to do a while back, but if you hunt around the procedure should be around somewhere.

As Wicky pointed out, the 'Forum' and the 'Store/Helpdesk/Repository' are different systems with different logins.

If you have purchased anything directly from Battlefront.com since October 2007, then you will have an account in the store. However if you have changed email services, then you may have used an email account that you no longer use/have access to. CMSF was released in July/August 2007, which pre-dates the current store system. If you ordered a 'pre-order' of CMSF, then your license key was emailed to you along with the download link. The record of that purchase will not be in the store system since purchases before October 2007 were not incorporated into the current store system. Instead they are in an off-line sales database of license keys. If you ordered CMSF before October 2007 and you would like your license key, then open a Helpdesk ticket and provide information such as:

1) Full name used at the time of purchase.

2) Email address used at the time or order. This is crucial since this is a 'key' piece of information in finding accounts/orders.

3) Mailing/Billing address used at time of order.

4) When you placed the order (before October 2007).

5) What method of payment you may have used.

For any purchases you have made since October 2007, there will be an account in the current store. You can 'reset' your password with this Lost Password form. Enter in the email address you would have used to make your purchase. If it is recognized you should get a success message an an email with the new, random character, case-sensitive password. If you get an error, then that email address wasn't used in the Battlefront Store.

If you have changed email providers and no longer have access to the email account that was used to create the account, then we can possibly change the email address IF it is NOT being currently used in the Battlefront Store. The system does NOT have the capability to merge accounts. If you already have an account in use in the store, then we will need a different email address to use in order to reassign the email address.

If you do get a password reset email, then near the top of the email it should list the 'User account'. The name after this text will be your 'username'. Often this is the first 25 characters of your email address, but that is not always the case.

Regarding upgrading a Paradox version of CMSF. Yes, purchasing the Marines module means that you do NOT have to purchase the 1.21 Paradox/Retail upgrade. The Marines module brings your CMSF version to 1.10 and after that point you can use Battlefront patches to upgrade the game all the way to 1.32 (1.21, 1.31, 1.32).

Also, with a purchase of the Marines module you would NOT need the base game's license key. The Marines module license key (once the module is installed) will activate the base game's content without activating with the base game's license key. Of course you CANNOT play the base game alone without its license key, but as soon as the Marines module is installed, then the full content of the game should work.