odd ?

Can scenarios have EXIT zones that a player can move troops out of play?

Be careful: some designers put EXIT zones -inside- your SETUP zone. It's a very cool mechanism, but if you place a unit in the exit zone, you won't have it for the battle. I've only seen it with campaigns. That allows you to keep certain units safe. Example: several trucks in an obviously bad area. You can acquire the ammo you want from them, put them in the exit zone, and they're safe. (Designer may not resupply the trucks for the next battle.)

Lots of cool things can be done with exit zones.

Ken

Unfortunately, they can sometimes be very uncool too:

In a recent campaign scenario, the oppo had an armored car that could fire at my forces with almost impunity from an ambush position in some woods- inside my exit zone.

The most logical thing to do was to send tanks into the woods and attack it from several directions. But when they entered the exit zone - they, well,... exited. If I remember correctly, we had an option not to exit when entering an exit zone in CM1. That would have been handy here.

Well, In the black forest of death, oops I mean beasts there is an exit like area.. to the next objective, I could see how exiting units could help in the next scenario if the game engine allowed.. for instance at a certain threshold in points the victor could opt for an alternative version.. more troops or better position for the follow up ..

This game sure has grown up in a decade