Wind strength setting for QB

I have a QB map, and when I open it in the editor mission data section the wind is set to gentle. When I preview the map in editor in the conditions section I also see gentle. Thats ok. But then when I setup a QB on the basis of this map, with weather set to "clear" and "day" (you don't have any impact on wind strength while setting up a QB, right?) I have STRONG wind in the actual conditions of the battle. How come the strength of the wind changes? Anybody can help?

• 2 months later...

Well, actually I originally had something different in mind. Even without additional wind strength option, I don't understand what makes the wind change between map settings and final QB settings. That has impact on your battle plans, because if you previously saw GENTLE and decided to use a lot of smoke assets and afterwards it changes to STRONG you can throw your assets to the bin.

Well, actually I originally had something different in mind. Even without additional wind strength option, I don't understand what makes the wind change between map settings and final QB settings. That has impact on your battle plans, because if you previously saw GENTLE and decided to use a lot of smoke assets and afterwards it changes to STRONG you can throw your assets to the bin.

It's a QB. The wind setting doesn't change between map preview and setup phase. If you're "choosing" lots of smoke assets (let's leave out what kind of contortions you'd have to go through to get such a force) without looking at the map you're actually using, then you're being naively optimistic. If you're basing your force pick on having looked at the map in the editor when map preview isn't enabled for the map, then shame on you for peeking.

While I agree that a wind speed setting couldn't hurt, the cases where it makes a blind bit of difference are (or should be) so rare as to make it a terribly low priority.