GL: Limited FoW icons

As always with a new module, after having checked to see that the download was successful and that the game launched OK, I check the PDF manual to see exactly what has been changed/added to the base game

I was surprised to see no mention of the new, more-limited FoW icons which have shown up on the 'Elephant' AAR. Perhaps too late an addition to have been included?

Very early, very limited first look at GL.

Movie mode is interesting, although I'm not sure it may be a tad too desaturated for my personal preference. Time will tell.

Graphics seemed to be marginally improved on my rig, from very good to extremely good.

Interesting to see that 'rout' has been removed completely. All such units now surrender. Wonder what prompted that as I cannot recall having seen that raised on the forum previously?

Nice selection of scenarios and campaigns to get stuck unto.

Thumbs-up for the latest chapter in the CM saga.

Some misunderstanding must have occurred. The icons have not changed.. rather it is the data in the UI that has been eliminated from the higher difficulty settings.

Bil

Glad to hear that there are no changes to FoW icons. They really give the feel that one is gathering some real useable intelligence, and are a great aid for especially for the RTS player.

As far as the UI info goes, but not have played with myself yet, not knowing which squad, or platoon number the enemy contact is makes much more sense with this new change. One would not get this info simply from looking.

IMO I want only the info one can really get. FoW icons make sense since obviously one can tell the difference between an enemy gun, tank, or infantry/MG when spotted, or firing. Beyond that I do not mind at all if it shows how many enemy infantry are spotted, and the weapon they are carrying such as in veteran mode. I say this because it saves having to move the camera to the enemy to see the models for ones self. One can get this info regardless of it being in the GUI, or not so I prefer the more convenient method of it just showing up there. It is like getting up to change the T.V. channel vs. using the remote control. The only flaw I see in the veteran system in this regard is that it shows that an enemy is wounded (yellow). I don’t think that info should be known since that would be very hard to tell just from looking.

Some misunderstanding must have occurred. The icons have not changed.. rather it is the data in the UI that has been eliminated from the higher difficulty settings.

Bil

Sorry, that is what I meant.

I always play at 'Elite' level, so would imagine it would apply.

Just wondered at what level it cut in and thought a line or two in the manual would probably be useful.