"segmentation violation" and game crash?

Hello :)

Both me and will have experienced an odd error when playing. Will crashed when he right clicked a serbian corps, and I did so when I clicked a bulgarian one. The message was "segmentation violation".

Does anyone know what that is and how to avoid it?

Thanks.

Sorry, I confused games. For Breakthrough 1.02 is the latest.

So you were able to either start over or use an older saved game and you have not seen a repeat of the crashing clicking on the particular serbian and bulgarian corps for each player ?

Well, since we're doing a PBEM we could just grab a new version of the savegame and it worked. No idea if it would have worked trying the bugged one again.

Hi

Within the game's folders there should be one called ERROR.

This should contain a text file, which will show more information on the problem, and also an ERROR.sav file from the crash.

I would say that if this problem reoccurs, then it would be best to email them to support@furysoftware.com, including information on the game being played (i.e. Breakthrough 1.02) and whether it is PBEM, versus the AI etc.

I've spelt the information in that last paragraph out a bit as the same information really applies to anyone who has a repeatable crash.

Thanks

Bill