mortar bug ?

Hi, on board 81mm on edge of treeline given a smoke target.Out of 6 smoke rounds two land on target, the other four hit the trunk of the tree the mortsr is positioned next to. they are now enveloped in a cloud of there own smoke. Bug?

Bug?

No, just a misplacement of the mortar. You're lucky two rounds landed on the target. That might be a bug. Getting a clear LOF can be tricky. For instance, positioning too close behind a tall building that you intend to shoot over might get you taking the roof off the building instead. Any time you intend to set up among trees, you need to make sure there is enough clearance overhead and in front.

Michael

Yeah, know about line of fire but this was hitting the trunk of the tree they were under about a foot in front of them and the shells were going of at their feet, not like setting up too close to a building. This was on the very edge of treeline and only one tree in front of them, the one they managed to hit. I'm not saying i can't live with it and it maybe a rare event but they should not be doing that.

Yeah, know about line of fire but this was hitting the trunk of the tree they were under about a foot in front of them and the shells were going of at their feet, not like setting up too close to a building. This was on the very edge of treeline and only one tree in front of them, the one they managed to hit. I'm not saying i can't live with it and it maybe a rare event but they should not be doing that.

Agreed: they should not be doing it. Savegame or screenies?

Hi, on board 81mm on edge of treeline given a smoke target.Out of 6 smoke rounds two land on target, the other four hit the trunk of the tree the mortsr is positioned next to. they are now enveloped in a cloud of there own smoke. Bug?

It's a known problem.

Onboard suport fire will fire into obstacles and not stop. Can be closed or far. This is most annoying with guns.