A couple of things

Hi, don't know if this has been remarked on before. Forward observer default position seems to be prone, unless there is a wall or hedge, then he'll go into a kneel. The problem is in some instances theat makes all the differnce. Playing a game, mg on same spot in treeline can target most of village objective while FO can't even see the village as he is lying flat.

It would be good if there were an open up type command which would make the spotter kneel up. Maybe that's no big thing but i noticed it and thought i'd mention it. Also what would be helpful would be if when you click an on board asset on the available arty screen, the selected gun also lit up, so hard to know who's who and where.

Cheers

Also what would be helpful would be if when you click an on board asset on the available arty screen, the selected gun also lit up, so hard to know who's who and where.

Cheers

This at least is in the game already... if you select an on board asset its base will flash... of course you need to be hovering over it to see it, but it is a tool that already does exist.

Bil

+1 re making the arty tool more visible. I also find it hard/time-wasting to figure out what gun I am using.

Re the FO, the game system should be making thing easier for us re LOS not harder. The FO should be in whatever position is best for LOS - unless an enemy is close or he's being fired at. If we're going to get into too much micromanagement we're going to end up with game that can only handle a platoon, or may as well become a first person experience (like the xnt Panzer Elite was for a tank platoon).

+1 to open up - good idea.

I'd like to add: please reverse the sorting order for artillery assets. Currently on board comes first and then off board. But you are more likely to call off board assets through the artillery menu (it is at least for me :) ). So if those came first there would be less scrolling.

This at least is in the game already... if you select an on board asset its base will flash... of course you need to be hovering over it to see it, but it is a tool that already does exist.

Bil

Dammit, I hate it when people are right ;)

A quick test and I see that the icon now flashes when the on-map mortar is selected in the artillery menu. Possibly a recent tweak to improve visibility from the base ( which I probably just never saw before ).

Is good ! :)

Still, the support mission call window could use some love. Having the batteries you've got show their experience level when selected would be good. Having the order change so that a spotter's currently-contacted assets appear first in the list, for a start, followed by other assets which are in use (so you can quickly "go to spotter" for the details). I agree that off-map assets should be listed first, too: try taking a battalion of Italian infantry - their 18 Brixias (that have to be within shouting distance to call from, as the battalion has nary a single radio) mean you have to bounce through 3 screens of stuff-you'll-never-use before you get to any "good stuff".