Wow, the forum is dead?

CM on a tablet is just a dream come true for many "true" wargamers, considering the lack of any decent wargames on these platforms currently (especially on Android devices). Why put so few efforts in such a promising project?

The tutorial, however funny, should IMHO at least mention a few more basics, such as the fact that the color of the Line of Sight indicates the firepower.

Many questions remain unanswered. For instance, is it possible to crawl in the game? It looks like you can only go prone when stationary, i.e. when moving you must do so standing.

Yeah, it's too bad that this branch seems to have died as quickly as it sprouted. Matrix Games has really embraced the market with the Battle Academy series, and several other titles including Legion which looks really cool. They are for iPad only though, which is too bad for me.

Yeah, it's too bad that this branch seems to have died as quickly as it sprouted.

I'm not sure I'd call a product for which we just released a patch, on a whole new store, dead. Work isn't incredibly speedy, but it is still going on.

Thanks for the input Phil, the only reason I say that is because your post is the first official post of any kind in this forum that I have seen in months. Tons of other threads with legit questions go unanswered. I'm not sure what other conclusion one could draw.

Getting the game on a new store, and patched equivalent to the iPad version from who knows how long ago is nice, but isn't much of a headline. Should we expect expansions, new features, maps, etc?

Thanks for the input Phil, the only reason I say that is because your post is the first official post of any kind in this forum that I have seen in months. Tons of other threads with legit questions go unanswered. I'm not sure what other conclusion one could draw.

My post isn't an "official" post, frankly. In the current version of CM Touch I am simply an interested bystander. That no one answers questions is most likely down to Steve being incredibly busy behind the scenes. It takes time to maintain information currency on any given forum. Simply put most of us have been swamped for quite some time.

Getting the game on a new store, and patched equivalent to the iPad version from who knows how long ago is nice, but isn't much of a headline.

Not much of a headline, I suppose, but a heck of a lot of work. Not every few months of work done on a game produces whiz-bang, you know?

Should we expect expansions, new features, maps, etc?

I'll ask Steve to come in and comment on this.

The current CM Touch support has sorta fallen between laps, so to speak. But as Phil has alluded to, that's in the process of changing.

As for us "embracing" or not, relative to other game companies, I think it comes down to what's going on in the big picture. If you look at us you see a huge, expanding series of traditional product which is developed in house. As good as CM Touch sales are (and they are VERY good in our opinion), it's a very small part of our overall business. This may not be true for other companies and so their focus may reflect that.

Having said that, mobile apps are an evolving and growing part of Battlefront's strategy going forward. You will see more from us in the coming months and years, and not just CM Touch. I can't comment yet on other products nor specific plans for CM Touch, but I can say the wait won't be long to find out more.

Steve

My 2 cents. Mobile phone game purchasers seem to be a different animal than the hard-core CM tactical sim player. After purchasing off the Apple store it appears to not dawn on many of them swing by the product website to say hi. Perhaps the lower $ investment translates to lower personal investment. As the old saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and the full game chat boards do appear to be the 'squeakiest'. :)