AT gun positioning

Georgie

I have had a problem with positioning AT guns when building a scenario. If I try to "key hole" a gun and use a sandbag fortification the gun changes position from where I placed it in the editor when I "play test" it. It stays on the same action spot but shifts position within the action spot. This sometimes changes the LOS and LOF for the gun to the extent that the "key hole" no longer works. The gun is either blinded at some angles or the LOS dosen't match the LOF. This doesn't happen when I use a foxhole for the fortification of the gun. Problem with the foxhole is it does not look very "real". Any body else have this problem and has any one found a "fix" for it?

Georgie, the only way I know of to fix this is to set up the gun on an action spot where there is no tinted "Set-up Zone". When you set up assests in the colored set-up zones, they all seem to be fudged with when you hit the "Play" button. Tanks may go from un-buttoned to buttoned,; guns from undeployed to deployed, etc.

Georgie, the only way I know of to fix this is to set up the gun on an action spot where there is no tinted "Set-up Zone". When you set up assests in the colored set-up zones, they all seem to be fudged with when you hit the "Play" button. Tanks may go from un-buttoned to buttoned,; guns from undeployed to deployed, etc.

Hello mjkerner, I tried setting up the gun in a no tinted zone but the movement still happens when a sandbag emplacement is used. Wasn't aware of the other problems that you mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

The foxhole keeps the LOS intact but there has been debate about how much the foxhole protects the gun, if any (we know it protects the crew somewhat but it might be 0% improvement for the gun). Plus the concealment coming from foxholes has also been brought into question in various threads, with testing result being all over the place from OK to ridiculous (spotting foxholes in woods through dense woods at long distances, as well as non-firing guns in foxholes being spotted without spotting the foxhole).

I really hope that all this (including Georgie's observation about some terrain types shifting unit positions and hence changing LOS behind the player's back) can make it on the "to-fix" list in one of the next major code changes, analogous to how the MGs were fixed in 2.01. Nobody expects perfect, just some steps in the right direction.