Question regarding troop uniform mods.

Hello all. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong w the mods or I'm missing the concept altogether. I loaded, for example, the 2nd Rangers helmet mod into my z folder but the 2nd Rangers helmets don't show up when I start a game. Is it that these helmets only show up when a scenario actually calls for the 2nd Rangers or am I missing something else? I renamed the file with a few "z"s in front so it'd be sure to be seen last but no success. The terrain mods show up fine (thanks to all the modders!!!) but the troop mods simply don't show. Thanks for any help!

Hello all. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong w the mods or I'm missing the concept altogether. I loaded, for example, the 2nd Rangers helmet mod into my z folder but the 2nd Rangers helmets don't show up when I start a game. Is it that these helmets only show up when a scenario actually calls for the 2nd Rangers or am I missing something else? I renamed the file with a few "z"s in front so it'd be sure to be seen last but no success. The terrain mods show up fine (thanks to all the modders!!!) but the troop mods simply don't show. Thanks for any help!

Check the file names of the helmets you are using. I am using CMBN 2.01 and use Ranger helmets and uniforms. The helmet file names I use are smod_american_helmet-soldier and smod_american_helmet-soldier 2. All your troops, with the exception of airborne will then have these helmets. Mike

Thanks Tashtego! Just changed the names to match yours and it worked. My only concern - so I'm not back asking the same question in the future - is that I don't understand why it worked. I haven't downloaded any other US uniform mods so it couldn't have been interfered with by something else. And I also had renamed the file to put that z at the beginning of the file name. If anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate it. Thanks again!

Zenomorph, that Ranger mod was done in v1.0 or thereabouts IIRC, and the naming convention for uniforms and other textures changed completely with v2.0, so old uniform mods (and some other textures) all have to be renamed to work correctly.

I suppose I'm just trying to find out how I know what to re-name the files to. The original file name for the 2nd Rangers was "us-helmet-m1 2" but somehow Tashtego knew to re-name the file to "smod_american_helmet-soldier". Is there somewhere I'm supposed to be looking to tell me this? The readme file included with the 2nd Rangers made no mention of any need to rename the files (x for the ending number if needed).

It's frustrating bc I'm now trying to load Aris SdKfz251_1 mod and it is not taking hold in the game. I simply unzipped the file and copied the folder over to the z folder as per the readme file. I did the same for Aris' Panther D mod and had no problems. Am I supposed to rename the SdKfz251_1 file? And if so to what? Thanks again.

Whoops. I take it back (partly) about Aris' SdKfz251_1. The default skin works fine. It's when I try to use one of the variants that I run into trouble - but I'm not too worried about that right now.

Really my only main concern remains how/what to know to re-name mods to when it's necessary.

Speaking of figuring things out on our own, this is what the rezexploded USA uniform files look like to me. Would all ya'll mind letting me know whether it is complete and correct? Thank you!

For USA using:

ez US Infantry-Patched Uniforms_Normandy (Olive Drab)

ez US Infantry-Patched Uniforms_Normandy (Khaki)

v1 Uniform Mod files names....v2 Uniform files names

us-helmet-m1.bmp.................. smod_american_helmet_soldier.bmp

us-helmet-m1 2.bmp............... smod_american_helmet_soldier 2.bmp

us-helmet-m1 3.bmp

us-helmet-m1 4.bmp

us-helmet-m1 5.bmp

us-soldier-uniform 1.bmp.......... smod_american_m41_uniform.bmp

us-soldier-uniform 2.bmp.......... smod_american_m41_uniform 1.bmp

us-soldier-uniform 3.bmp.......... smod_american_m41_uniform 2.bmp

........................................... smod_american_m41_uniform 3.bmp

v1 Faces Mod files names....... v2 Faces Mod files names

us-soldier-skin 1.bmp................ american_skin 1.bmp

us-soldier-skin 2.bmp................ american_skin 2.bmp

us-soldier-skin 3.bmp................ american_skin 3.bmp

us-soldier-skin 4.bmp................ american_skin 4.bmp

us-soldier-skin 5.bmp................ american_skin 5.bmp

us-soldier-skin 6.bmp................ american_skin 6.bmp

us-soldier-skin 7.bmp................ american_skin 7.bmp

us-soldier-skin 8.bmp................ american_skin 8.bmp

us-soldier-skin 9.bmp................ american_skin 9.bmp

us-soldier-skin 10.bmp.............. american_skin 10.bmp

us-soldier-skin 11.bmp.............. american_skin 11.bmp

us-soldier-skin 12.bmp.............. american_skin 12.bmp

us-soldier-skin 13.bmp.............. american_skin 13.bmp

us-soldier-skin 14.bmp.............. american_skin 14.bmp

Good luck & good gaming!

<snipped>

P.S., Badger, I think I've asked you before, but whereabouts in WI are you? I'm in Madison.

Thanks for checking about uniform mods. Truth be told, I'm starting to update your own enhancement of US infantry ez_uniforms to be v2 compliant.

Sorry, I must have missed your earlier question about that; Milwaukee county.