v2.01 Alternate Hotkey File

Sorry if this has been caught and mentioned before, but I noticed that the Hunt and Hide commands are both sharing the "H" key in the alternate hotkey file. It seems that the Hunt command is the default.

I've edited my file back to the the "U" key for Hide; anyone used to using this key may want to do the same before finding out a unit that you thought you gave a hide command isn't actually hiding. :eek:

I also noticed that the Vehicle Covered Arc now has "V" as the hotkey, while "C" is the new key for Covered Arc... I like this change... Wish I'd thought of making this sooner ;) This leaves the Wide Angle view without a hotkey... just go in and add a key that makes sense; I changed mine to "@" because it doesn't make any sense :rolleyes:

Edit: I just noticed that it seems that the Zoom In (previously Z) and Zoom Out (previously X) have switched places, too... I think!!! :o I'm getting old and my memory's not what is used to be. Some of the dumb sh!+ I did in my younger days probably catching up with me :D

It's usually necessary to re-do your hotkeys file after every patch.

Mine are identical for CMBN and CMFI. I just copied my CMFI hotkeys.txt into CMBN after patching, and everything is back to how I had it.

Yeah, I'd forgotten that I needed to do that when I patched over. I had been using the generic alternate file for some time, and just renamed the new alternate file... that's why I noticed all the differences.

Yeah, Rake, you got it - those as the changes that I think need to be made too.

The mistake about hide is probably my fault (!). A while back I was thinking we could do with an updated alternate_hotkeys, because around CMBN 2.0 time it got a bit messed up I think. I submitted one to BFC, but embarassingly it had the mistakes you mention in it (U is supposed to be on hide and Z and X were swapped). I never heard back from them that they were interested in the submission I made ... it seems that they were though! Just goes to show: they are listening :) I should have sent the fixed one, when I realised my mistake :%)

I also noticed that the Vehicle Covered Arc now has "V" as the hotkey, while "C" is the new key for Covered Arc... I like this change... Wish I'd thought of making this sooner

"It was always that way in CMx1" :D

This leaves the Wide Angle view without a hotkey... just go in and add a key that makes sense; I changed mine to "@" because it doesn't make any sense

That's a great idea.

GaJ