Unlocked manual?

If you have the game installed then you should have the printer friendly version on your machine. It's made for booklet printing if you have that option on your printer drivers. I'm not sure why you would need to mess with the borders.

Yes, there is a printer friendly version. No wasted ink on really cool background.

There's really no need for a B&W version. Even if your printer is a color printer you can force it to print in grayscale, just check your printer properties. I did it on my Brother printer and it came out just fine. The text is not 100% black but it's dark enough against white print paper.

If you don't have Adobe Acrobat or are locked out in it for a particular file, you can open and edit .pdf's in Photoshop. It treats it as an image, so it won't save all the formatting data, etc. but you can still change it about any way you want to, it just will save as an image .pdf instead of a text based one. Converting to black text would be pretty simple.

You can also use photoshop to convert the .pdf to a jpeg/other format image (or series of images) to be read by other software as well.

Since both programs are Adobe products, they made .pdf to be somewhat portable between the apps.

I use this trick at work to edit forms that we are sent by other agencies, when they forget to set editing on. (Then of course want us to electronically fill them out before printing or e-mailing them back. Government, feh)

Of course, all copyrights are to be respected and appropriate laws obeyed!