blind jagdpanthers?

I an playing a scenario from the repository in which i have 2 jagdpanthers. Both of which are dead because they saw nothing across open ground and facing the enemy. But the m10's saw and killed my jagdpanthers . Are these tanks really that poor at spotting , they saw nothing but 4 m10's saw them and engaged !!??

I an playing a scenario from the repository in which i have 2 jagdpanthers. Both of which are dead because they saw nothing across open ground and facing the enemy. But the m10's saw and killed my jagdpanthers . Are these tanks really that poor at spotting , they saw nothing but 4 m10's saw them and engaged !!??

Stuff happens. We simply don't have anything like enough information to judge whether something hinky might be going on here. There are so many factors involved in spotting that even if you post informative screen shots we might not be able to tell whether it's "correct" or "anomalous" behaviour. And you might've always just gotten unlucky, so you'd have to rerun the turns several times to see whether the "dice gods" just turned their backs on you for a while.

But the fact that your JagdPanzers were sited so that 4 other long tubes could bear on them suggests that the problem may lie outside the simulation mechanics.

Probably the M10s commanders had their heads sticking out of the hatches and your JPs commanders didnt. When you are out of LOF of enemy small arms fire, unbutton your tanks and they will spot much faster.

All the "Jagds", or turret-less tank hunters, should be positioned in such a way that LOS is blocked to their flanks. Houses, trees, hills, etc will all work. By only exposing the glacis plate and forward arc it becomes much safer to keep the commander up.

No turret means keeping an arc is less dangerous that it would be to a turreted vehicle, which may lose a possible shot.

The combination of arcs and keeping your commander up should greatly increase spotting ability, and decrease response time.

Unless you are at some seriously short ranges, and/or getting flanked/shot in a weak spot... one should not see M10s beating a JagdPanther.

That glacis should turn almost everything at ranges greater than 300 meters or so. I know my Jagds laugh at everything thrown at them.

It only takes one hit from that 88mm L/71 to settle the matter.

Specifics are important. As hinted at, you may have just had them blunder into a poor position. Or, there may be a bug. Neither possibility can be discussed with any semblance of credibility unless you show us what happened. Savegames or screenshot are worth their weight in gold for that purpose.

Frustrating when it happens, but we can't offer assistance without more information.

All the "Jagds", or turret-less tank hunters, should be positioned in such a way that LOS is blocked to their flanks. Houses, trees, hills, etc will all work. By only exposing the glacis plate and forward arc it becomes much safer to keep the commander up.

No turret means keeping an arc is less dangerous that it would be to a turreted vehicle, which may lose a possible shot.

The combination of arcs and keeping your commander up should greatly increase spotting ability, and decrease response time.

Unless you are at some seriously short ranges, and/or getting flanked/shot in a weak spot... one should not see M10s beating a JagdPanther.

That glacis should turn almost everything at ranges greater than 300 meters or so. I know my Jagds laugh at everything thrown at them.

It only takes one hit from that 88mm L/71 to settle the matter.

NOT EXACTLY TRUE IN GAME TERMS - I have been messing with a jag in a scenario i made and at a mere 2000 meters, even with the shermans only able to hit the front plating. The jag would seem invincible - Yes, nothing could kill it. But most test runs, if the shermans managed to hit it a half dozen times. They would damage the gun and make the Jag useless - Personnally I think they have a error in damage modeling. But, No super kitties in this game as long as you have enough units to get some hits on the beast before they blow you away.