Any Plans to Revamp QB AI?

I understand that the AI will never be as competent as a human, especially in a wargame with complex tactics such as CMBN, but the senseless post-deployment bombardments the AI calls down in every QB attack or assault I've ever played should be tweeked. Is there a purpose to these barrages? The artillery assets of the AI enemy are wasted on post-deployment barrages, which begin directly after deployment and end 3-5 minutes later. We've all just learned to sit our forces back for a few turns and let the AI waste its artillery before we move out to enact our attack plans. These bombardments seriously restrict subsequent artillery barrages called in by the AI, and reduce the value of QB's. It seems like tweeking the AI to cease these barrages or only call them in on occasion would be simple. Is anyone aware of Battlefront dealing with these QB barrages?

While I'm on the subject of QB's, is there anything being done to impprove AI unit selection? I usually play mixed battles with infantry and armor, but I've noticed that when I leave the force selection up to the AI, they go either all out armor or all out infantry. Very rarely will the AI actually select a mix of armor and infantry. I just select the units for the AI opponent now, which reduces the value of a QB in my opinion because the element of surprise is reduced. Is anyone aware of Battlefront altering QB AI unit selection at least so that in a "mixed" battle the AI actually reliably chooses a mix between infantry, armor, and mechanized infantry?

If the AI in QB's could be improved just a little bit in these two regards, I think that the game's value would increase dramatically. Does anyone agree?

Your right the AI will never be as competent as a human can be with this game.

Seriously, just play v Humans.

It's not difficult to find opponents, especially if you play WEGO.

Once you've had a few games with a humans you'll wonder why you bothered playing v the AI at all, other than to learn the mechanics of the game.

Sticking to playing v a PC opponent is like never taking off the trainer wheels in my opinion.

I think they've given up on the AI and QBs. I just played a QB got stomped by the immediate artillery then over run by 700 US troops to my 28 Germans.

I read somewhere that they can't do the random scenario generator like CMx1 because they have to part script the AI - which I guess means mortaring those likely spots, based on the (human) map creator deciding the likely approach points, etc.

Post-deployment barrages that the AI calls down in QBs would be more interesting if they randomly started in, say, one of the first five turns.

In the meantime they can be deleted from the AI in the Editor (If one remembers).

And some thoughts on QB unit selection, some recoding involved!

Regarding the AI selection of units for QBs. Maybe players could make their own combinations of units in the unit selection interface (or the Editor) and save them (Special save button would be needed) as "Armies". They would be saved into "Special folders", one for Allied and one for Axis. The AI would randomly select from these folders to make a QB. (Random % force depletion would also add variation). Sets would be needed for different size battles - I play 95% of the time small or medium sized battles so in my case set making would not be to onerous.. The resident Grogs at Battlefront could I am sure pre load the Game with realistic combos. The game already can select maps from special folders; this tweak is just an extension of this.

David

Post-deployment barrages that the AI calls down in QBs would be more interesting if they randomly started in, say, one of the first five turns.

In the meantime they can be deleted from the AI in the Editor (If one remembers).

And some thoughts on QB unit selection, some recoding involved!

Regarding the AI selection of units for QBs. Maybe players could make their own combinations of units in the unit selection interface (or the Editor) and save them (Special save button would be needed) as "Armies". They would be saved into "Special folders", one for Allied and one for Axis. The AI would randomly select from these folders to make a QB. (Random % force depletion would also add variation). Sets would be needed for different size battles - I play 95% of the time small or medium sized battles so in my case set making would not be to onerous.. The resident Grogs at Battlefront could I am sure pre load the Game with realistic combos. The game already can select maps from special folders; this tweak is just an extension of this.

David

Separate OB files that can be loaded "as and when" would be very neat.

An alternative to random is simply so many it seems like random.

This isn't the only game where I tend to think of the scearios as my "ammo" and don't want to use them all up. Even though I know I won't play them all.

I just looked at the original box to my CMBO. 50 scenarios plus the random generator. No wonder it was such a success.