Hi All,

I'm absolutely loving the game. It has the perfect balance of simplicity and complexity. I could go on and on... needless to say i'm very impressed.

I have a couple random questions that i was interested to know more about.

1) I'm a numbers guy, what are the detailed factors that influence a units readiness and morale? And how these numbers increase or decrease from turn to turn. I'm guessing supply makes a big difference. Being attached to a HQ? The rating of the HQ's leader? Distance from a HQ? The experience level of a HQ? What about things like proximity to friendly units? Proximity to enemy units? Weather? I guess i'm interested to know a bit more detail about how morale and readiness work so i can play more knowledgeably paying attention to the factors that influence these values.

2) Another numbers related question. How does readiness and morale influence the power of a units attack? Or its defensive capabilities? I know they're important. Is one value more important than the other?

3) I am pleased to say i find the AI challenging. I've been playing the Central Powers in the WWI Call to Arms scenario and its a slog making much progress forward which is very realistic. When folks are playing the AI and want a challenge what difficulty and experience bonus do most people pick? Which is a better bonus to give the AI between the two? For my game i have a +50 difficulty bonus, but didn't increase the experience the AI gets.

Much appreciated.

Hetulik

Hi Hetulik,

Welcome aboard and glad to hear you are enjoying the games :)

1) Probably your best bet for a start on these details is to take a look at the formula for Readiness and Morale on page 37 in the Manual of the WWI game.

2) Page 40 should answer most of this but if not let me know.

3) Great to hear you are enjoying the AI and in terms of increased difficulty it really depends on what you are after. For example, for the most an increase in difficulty bonus gives the AI a bit more money to spend which helps it recover from mistakes, whereas the experience bonus will make the AI units a bit stronger in combat, i.e. attack and defense.

I hope this helps,

Hubert

• 3 weeks later...

Related to AI. Does she have reinforcement bonus or maybe free garrisons in beginner level & under normal settings ?

I see most of the towns,cities full of detachment& divisions protecting it. Rare to see empty unprotected location.

I also like call to arms scenario very much and the AI. It feels like pbem play with back and forth attacking with rotating units from multiple directions. Naval AI also rapidly response to situation.

Related to AI. Does she have reinforcement bonus or maybe free garrisons in beginner level & under normal settings ?

I see most of the towns,cities full of detachment& divisions protecting it. Rare to see empty unprotected location.

I also like call to arms scenario very much and the AI. It feels like pbem play with back and forth attacking with rotating units from multiple directions. Naval AI also rapidly response to situation.

Hi Ataman

The AI can receive some units to help garrison key places such as their capital, but the deployment of such units won't normally increase their offensive potential greatly as their essential role is to stop the AI from worrying about its rear areas (something it will tend to take care of, even when a human would know that there is little risk to them).

Glad to hear you're enjoying playing it! :)

Bill

Hi Ataman

The AI can receive some units to help garrison key places such as their capital, but the deployment of such units won't normally increase their offensive potential greatly as their essential role is to stop the AI from worrying about its rear areas (something it will tend to take care of, even when a human would know that there is little risk to them).

Glad to hear you're enjoying playing it! :)

Bill

So AI has more of those detchment spawns then humans?(because humans get them too, if the enemy gets close enough) Never really noticed that, good to know. On personal experience though, the AI is pretty much fair on normal, not like some of todays cheaty AI.