Screenshots

krm

I have tried to capture screenshots but am having no luck. The only shots that work out are the AAR's at the end of battles. Other than that I either get just a black screen, or my desktop. I have tried using print screen, alt and print screen.

I am just using the generic paint program that comes with windows. Any suggestions?

Just to lend credence to this:

I've had the same difficulties. I've tried printscreen (and all its permutations), and a couple of outside programs such as DXgrab and HyperSnap, all with no success. I typically get

a. desktop

b. the password screen (why that, I don't know - I suspect it has to do with that being the last non-3d accelerated image that came up).

I'm running a cheapo 2d card (s3 virge chipset, I think) with a cheapo 3d card (4mg 3dfx vodoo knockoff by best data - cut me some slack - I'm a grad student!)

Thoughts? I would like to be able to do a couple of captures of particularly cool events ocasionally....

If you are in WIN95 (don't know anything about WIN98, don't want to, either), after you hit PRINTSCREEN, go to START/PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/CLIPBOOK VIEWER. If WIN95 was installed complete, it should be there. If this is confusing, go to your C:\, right click and bring up FIND, then type *.clp

If CLIPBOOK was added in the install (it is an option), your pix should be in there

Nope. Done all that. I CAN look at the clipboard, and I CAN paste it into word/paint/etc.

Its not that it doesnt take pictures at all - its that it only takes shots of the desktop or password screens. It does this when I am looking AT the CM game screen. Actually, what I was trying to do was take a shot of the '88. Take a shot using any program you like (printscreen, hypersnap, etc.) and all you get is the data going to the 2D video card. Since the 3D card usurps the signal before it goes to the monitor, the problem is I think that windows doesnt look for the right signal to snap.

[This message has been edited by A Arabian (edited 11-03-99).]

[This message has been edited by A Arabian (edited 11-03-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... welcome to the wonderful Hell that is video drivers on the PC smile.gif Glad there is a work around, because it certainly isn't worth delaying the game for us to figure out one wink.gif

Steve

No Hypersnap is a standalone commercial product at:

www.hyperionics.com

They also make a MAC screenshot utility.

BTW if you do like Greg's product please register it. He is a great guy who still answers support email and such one at a time and has given us (The Wargamer) a lot of support in using his product to capture screens for all of our reviews.

------------------

Richard Arnesen

The Wargamer

http://www.wargamer.com