Early Intel and Intel Strength Question

Does this actually do anything?

Reason I ask is that I'm knocking a mission together in which red resolutely refuses to reveal itself through blue moves so I thought that I would be able to give some indication of red positions at startup by adjusting these settings. So far I have had no luck. If anybody could show some light on how this works I would be grateful.

Basically I'm after giving the blue player 50% visibility of red positions at mission start so if someone has made this work if you could tell me what to punch in for these two fields to get it to behave like this then I would be grateful.

Needless to say uninformed smart Alec comments are not required here as I have tried '50%' and both 'blue' and 'red' as solutions to this problem.

Thanks

If a player side is awarded early intel, at start you see a number of ? icons showing (approximate) enemy locations even before you Spot them -- the number of these depends on the % the designer sets.

However, AFAIK these locations need to be within LOS of at least one of your troops.

If you want to get even more granular, you might create Objective labels with stuff like "DShK?" and make those visible only to the player.

I think it is a good way to simulat TECHINT (eg UAV))andHUMINTplus any pre attack ground recon.The higher a scenario designer sets early intel themore succesful intelligence gatheringwas.It would beinterestingto see what a high intel setting does andhow terrainaffects this. Fromwhat Combatintman says buildings appear to be quite effective at concealing fromintel.From the scenarios Ihave been working onclearterrain gives quitea lotofintel.However,since my intelsettingsare quitelow compared towhatcoouldbedone and terrain is quite openthe information I get is good on a lot of positioning but little on the nature ofthe troop typesholding a location.If I were to set the intel level to, say 80% I might have a lot more information on troop types as well. This assumes use of the Iron difficultylevel which istheone Inormallyplay on these days.