2.0 German Uniform Texture Issue

(Okay, this time it's not because of a saved-game issue)

Anyways, with the standard German uniform model, there's two issues with NCOs: (1) NCOs are not wearing the new NCO uniform texture (which is easily identified by the shoulder insignia) and (2) Unterfeldwebels are wearing Gefreiter sleeve insignia.

That's the only uniform anomaly I've noticed so far. Otherwise, the uniform improvements look great. :)

American airborne troops are wearing regular US infantry uniforms, by the way

If they're glider infantry, then yes, that's modeled as intended. I just checked, and airborne infantry wear the airborne uniform. The glider infantry uniform was just the standard Army field uniform.

American airborne troops are wearing regular US infantry uniforms, by the way (sorry for hijacking your thread, but there seems to be a slight mix up regarding the new uniform system).

My guess is this can be solved by the users themselves, I'll take a look into this tonight.

No I dont think it is solvable by the users ... for new scenarios it works - but uniform data for the old scenarios doesnt appear to be editable - presumably cause it uses an old data format. They all apear to have been set to standard and that is why airborne troops are wearing standard army uniforms. As I say - it is not editable in the scenario editor so is not fixable. Presumably someone should have written some code to allocate airborne uniforms to airborne troops in the stock scenarios. It likely explains the other uniform issues ....

(Okay, this time it's not because of a saved-game issue)

Anyways, with the standard German uniform model, there's two issues with NCOs: (1) NCOs are not wearing the new NCO uniform texture (which is easily identified by the shoulder insignia) and (2) Unterfeldwebels are wearing Gefreiter sleeve insignia.

(1) It is already known and was solved but too late for 2.0. It will be corrected in any future 2.01 patch

(2) The basic German wool M42/M43 uniform has 6 options, one of them a Gefreiter, which are assigned in a random way to all infantry soldiers who are not a platoon/company/Battalion leader (those men have their own uniforms). There is (still) no squad leader texture in game (which should be an Unteroffizier) and Platoon leaders NCOs are wrongly using basic infantry uniforms in 2.0 rather than the correct NCO one provided for them. It means an NCO Platoon leader may get a Grenadier uniform with or withouth Gefreiter rank. It will be corrected when we get a future 2.01 patch.

I thought it would be nice to get a decorated Gefreiter provided we had enough options for the basic uniform (we've got 6) so it didn't showed too much or was too conspicuous. After some testing I thought the advantadges of having it in game fom a graphical point of view were far greater than disavantadges.

Don't you like it? ;):)

An additional question:

If you chose "Standard" for the ss-troops, there will be the soldiers with the smock.

There appears the camouflage of the heeres-smock, too...is this intentionally?

Greetings, alex

No it is not. It was also known and the correction was made as well but too late for including it in 2.0. It should be corrected in a future 2.01 patch.

Almost anything regarding German uniforms was possible. You can find pics of Heer officers wearing SS smocks or HG Grenadiers wearing them as well (some were issued to the division when it was formed) etc. Lots of camo were used by Waffen-SS units, including the Italian one not just in Italy but also in Normandy (usually by units which had been in North Italy like the 1.SS LSSAH or people coming from that division like some cadres for the 12.SS etc.). However it was not intencionally to have Heer smocks in SS units in CMBN/CW v2.0. Most of the time we try to reflect the norm rather than the exception.