Activations - how to lose a customer

Because that's the place to do it. It's customer action. If they treat me like a teenager they are scared will rush off and pirate their games I respond accordingly. I've got almost all AGEOD, Matrix, and Paradox games - they don't mess me around. And BFC didn't on CMx1.

Instead BFC have got a grumpy 58 year old who can't understand why he can't just play the darn game he paid for.

Because that's the place to do it. It's customer action. If they treat me like a teenager they are scared will rush off and pirate their games I respond accordingly. I've got almost all AGEOD, Matrix, and Paradox games - they don't mess me around. And BFC didn't on CMx1.

Instead BFC have got a grumpy 58 year old who can't understand why he can't just play the darn game he paid for.

I am a little frustrated too, because I can't play at all at this moment.

Downloaded v2.0, but activation didn't go right. I do not understand why it has to be so difficult. I put in the exact right serial nr. and as far as I know I authorised my virusscanner to allow the download. Perhaps I made a mistake the first attempt to activate (??), but now I have to wait for an "offline activationcode" before I can play my game. When that's gonna come? Don't know and I can't even play the old version anymore! I hate that.:mad:

Been waiting for so long and than frustration again. Not nice.

Now I've lost activations I had:

I went to the directory and clicked on Battlefront.com helpdesk

I read about unlicensng:

"

Thirdly, the unlicense screen is opened automatically whenever you choose to "uninstall" software. Before the uninstall procedure starts, you will see the unlicense window appear. Verify if the correct license key is entered and click on the "Unlicense" button. Pay attention to see if the unlicensing procedure is successful"

So I did uninstall - and it has completely wiped the install. But now I find those instructions don't apply to CMBN. Gee thanks guys.

Well, I thought that downloading v2.0 again would maybe offer a new activationpossibility. But nope. And still no mail from BFsupport (I know, I'm not the only one with a question, and I really believe the supportboys are doing all they can.)

But I had some days off and thought that I could play all day long with the new 2.0, but alas...

Maybe it's a good idea to make "desperately waiting" my middlename.

Well, I thought that downloading v2.0 again would maybe offer a new activationpossibility. But nope. And still no mail from BFsupport (I know, I'm not the only one with a question, and I really believe the supportboys are doing all they can.)

But I had some days off and thought that I could play all day long with the new 2.0, but alas...

Maybe it's a good idea to make "desperately waiting" my middlename.

2.0 comes with a brand new license/registration key that has a new set of activations.

You can only activate 2.0 with the new license/registration key, the one you got with CMBN or Brits will not work.

Furthermore you need to be careful to copy and paste the exact right amount of key gibberish from your account in the web browser, otherwise it'll fail, too. The rules were too complex to keep in my head but you can dig them up in the forum... somewhere.

I understand why you didn't go to the tech support forum (although with this license mess it is bound to be the biggest one :D)) but you should have given some more detail.

Furthermore you need to be careful to copy and paste the exact right amount of key gibberish from your account in the web browser, otherwise it'll fail, too. The rules were too complex to keep in my head but you can dig them up in the forum... somewhere.

Far simpler to go to the e-mail acknowledging your purchase. The key is right there in simple fashion on its own line. One double-click, copy and paste and you should be in business.

Michael

You can complain about it wherever you like, of course. But if you want to make sure people qualified to answer your question see it and respond to it, I would suggest filing a help desk ticket. That way we can track your problem and suggest stuff that doesn't really belong in a public forum, like tools for fixing your licenses, or discussions about additional activations.

Guys: if you're having licensing problems, file help desk tickets. Complaining here may cause a fun stir, but help desk is set up specifically to deal with stuff like this.

I ran a computer support operation back in the 1980s when 20mb was the size of IBM PC hard disk.

People usually get annoyed when they genuinely feel they've been misled or something isn't as a normal human being would understand it. For example, at the time referred to above, the company sold an accounting suite that said the stock control module could handle up to 32,000 stock lines. Salesman promises it will do as advertised to get the sale; turns out the customer ran an aircraft spares business and did have about 20,000 stock lines. No wonder it took about 36 hours to update the stock system.

Here, I go to my Battlefront CMBN directory, click on the file marked: "Battlefront.com Helpdesk" directory and it immediately takes me to a page on eLicense FAQ. I read it; do some of what it says; muck up my installations; go to the help desk and get a siupport ticket which tells me -

"CMBN's copy-protection system does NOT have an unlicense feature like our previous copy-protection system, eLicense. The game comes with 4 initial activations. Uninstalling does NOT remove the activation. The activation remains in place until a significant hardware or operating system change takes place. At that point the activation disappears and you would need to reactivate the game.

....."

I've done that about 15 hours ago. Still waiting.

Sorry, I think potential customers should be aware of the potential horrors of this activation system.