mortar ammo in halftracks

I've got a mortar with 30+ rounds of ammo but no attached ammo bearer Two action squares away is a HT containing 41 more rounds. I want to re-supply the mortar before it runs out. What's the best and quickest way to re-supply? Do I have to dismantle the mortar and move the crew into the HT, wait a turn and then acquire the ammo or is there a quicker and more efficient way? Cheers.....

If the mortar you want to resupply is not in direct LoS of enemy, you can just park the HT next to it and it should "share" the ammo.

This may slow the RoF of the mortar, but that might just be hearsay, I'm not sure.

Thanks, mate. I didn't realise it was as easy as that. It's not in direct enemy LOS so I will try it. Why would it slow the ROF of the mortar though?

Why would it slow the ROF of the mortar though?

Because it won't "hand over" a round until the mortar is empty. So the mortar will have to wait however long it takes for the "sharing" algorithm to clock that there's an eligible sharing opportunity between each round fired, at least. This won't be an issue if you're firing slowly, but will probably curtail maximum rate.