I have been away from this game for a long while,in fact I just reinstalled it,on the question about Battlecruisers,in the editor they are listed as cruisers,how does the AI handle these ships in game,because I think they should be in the Battleship listing because they are way to powerful to be classified as just cruisers?

I agree they deserve to be a type on their own merit,WW1 Battlecruisers were designed to hunt down Armoured Cruisers,they were never meant to get involved in combat with Battleships,but because of the guns they carried that is what did happen.

I looked throught the manual and discovered that Battlecruisers are supposed to be an upgrade to cruisers,yet they don't start the 1914 Grand Campaign,but historically speaking they should be there from the start?

Hi Hellfirejet

There are a few upgraded Cruisers in 1914 Call to Arms at the start, such as HMS Lion which is Plymouth harbour, and I can see a few others dotted around.

Plus within a few turns there will be what was one of the most famous Battlecruisers of all: the Goeben.

Bill

Yes I noticed them thanks,oh yes Goeben & Breslau the ships that brought Turkey in to the war,does the AI treat them differently from normal light cruisers etc,I was thinking that maybe right clicking on them should show different stats for Battlecruisers,Armoured Cruisers & Light cruisers just to highlight what type of ships they are.

Also I just got Breakthrough loaded up as Germany and Moltke is in game,breakthrough looks great,I'm now going to have a wee look in the editor to see whats changed.

Good to know that the AI treats them differently,I'm in the process of adding more capital ships via the editor,I have figured out how to add them as intial reinforcements near ports in Britain,big question is there a limit to the number of ships available at any one time on the map?

Small problem with very large fleet size for Germany,it appears I have run out of free space in and around German harbours plus using Pola in the Med,no big deal I will get round it maybe by staggering the due dates if possible me thinks either that or just build more ports hehehehe!

Update I done something wrong that I could not fix so I deleted my scenario,when I added more port facilities for Germany Kiel etc,I got a script error I did not have a scooby what file to check so I deleted the entire scenario,so back to square one,I did learn something thou,Germany can't take all the ships I want to add for her,ports and coast capacity was full and there were still ships I could not find a space to deploy to sufferin sockatash!

Hi

You didn't do anything wrong, but what happens when you edit various aspects of the campaign and go to save it, is that the editor may then need to run through the scripts to check whether or not any campaign changes could have affected any of the scripts.

When you get this message, you can either say Yes which saves the campaign but doesn't check the scripts, or say No and this will bring up the screen to check the scripts.

Clicking on Update* is the easiest, but if there really are any errors, highlight the relevant script type and just click the Update button underneath. This way when it finds an error it will tell you which line the error is on.

Note that there are separate screens for both the Events scripts and AI scripts, so sometimes you'll have to do this twice.

I hope this makes sense, and it pays to always save as you go, and possibly make a back up copy of your campaign just in case (I've been there!!).

Bill

Cheers good to know,I usually do a backup but I did not on this occasion you live and learn.

I wonder if you could help with this,is Goeben plus Germanys off map raiders hard coded,or can I used these ships for something else,also using the editor can I create German overseas ports ?