QB ME maps aren't cutting it

I tend to believe the bulk of my army will be Regular, Normal, 0 and set the selection to that for purchasing the entire force.

Then I can tweak individual units, but generally it wont be as much work.

I figure there'll only be one or two Veterans sprinkled in and about 20% Green guys or so. Then I might up the command value of, say, the Green squads' platoon leader since HQ would probably want them to have strong leadership.

Then I might drop 1 or 2 leaders down a peg ( there's always an "upper-class twit" who's been promoted to where he can't cause too much trouble :) ).

The Veterans probably get stuck with the -2 muppet 'cos they'll ignore most of what he says anyway.

But maybe I think about it too much ;)

Actually, I like that and is how I approach things more or less as well. Regular-quality troops give a good balance between being able to withstand enemy fire and hitting the dirt when things get too hot. Sure, some may find Green troops more challenging, but IMO they require too much babysitting and don't fight like properly-trained infantry.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic