BlitzsKrieg, Its back.

slysniper

I have been playing "Conrath's counter Attack"

I have played about 7 battles now and I had my best armor assault fun in the last game in a very long while. Ever since I started playing CMBN.

It is seldom that you get that type of match up. But here I was with PzIII and Iv's. As the battle progressed I eliminated the enemy shermans and AT guns's and felt I was only up against infantry anymore on the map. The map was wide open, my infantry was of little value since they are pretty shot up from the 3 or 4 battles they have been in. But I had 10 tanks. It was time to assault with massed armor.

Boy, did it bring the feeling of the early war German might as my units rolled over and eliminated dug in infantry around the board. But here I was with armor which is weak in a sence by this point in the war. But the infantry really does not have the tools to defend well by themselves. They were like God's on the battle field as I worked them together to bring quick distruction to any location I saw fit on the board.

Now I did lose 2 tanks to one last AT gun that was still out there. And I saw some heroic efforts by the Americans to take my armor on. One lad managed to fire a rifle grenade that did kill one crew member in a tank that was buttoned up at that time. I found that very interesting and wondered what might have been the cause of his death.

Anyway, it sure added my desire to see earier war stuff come out in this engine. I really have no interest in playing CMX1 anymore but sure would like to get to the different periods of the war to get some of the different match ups that happened in certain time frames.