Evasion Code Request

If at all possible can BFC please consider adding mortars and artillery to threats that AFV's take evasive action from?

Just playing through the Fleeting Moment campaign in WEGO and if one of my light tanks or other vehicles gets targeted by a mortar after the turn has started it will just sit there and take repeated hits and damage with no thought of popping smoke or retreating. Often this can end in immobilisation or worse by the time you have control over the vehicle again.

Thanks

Edit: meant to post this in main forum

bodkin,

If BFC does that, how am I supposed to kill light armor? My standard AT weaponry seems to have a combat life measured in seconds! I think it would be much more difficult to code reaction to indirect fires than it was for direct ones, considering a planned evasion might be disastrous, either moving the vehicle into the next incoming round (round to round dispersion) and/or, smack into enemy direct fire. Of course, my light armor dies like flies--from every conceivable cause!

Regards,

John Kettler

Mr Kettler,

yes it might be harder to code to indirect fire, but most scenarios have a force direction variable. So coding the vehicle to retreat away from the main enemy facing would at least be an improvement over sitting there taking hits.

I don't understand how this would change AT life expectancy, as AFV's already retreat from those threats.