German Mk IIIM crew won't mount...

.... There is no such temporary dissociative response in the CMx2 games. If the driver bolts, he's gone for good.

Morale can be highly transitory, but there's no provision in CMx2 for recrewing either an abandoned tank or a gun (not an MG), which is still functional, in battle. I believe there should be.

There is for tanks ( as long as it's the same crew ;) ), but not guns :(

Playing Lemon Hill in FI, one of my AC's crew panicked and bailed after taking some .50 cal hits, leaving it in the middle of a field. After about 5-8 turns, they rallied ( some stern talking to by the Battalion Cmdr ) and I was able to send them back to reboard their (undamaged) vehicle.

In other games I've even managed to recrew immobilised vehicles. The key is in the description. If you can reman it, it will say "Dismounted" ( even if they ran away sobbing like girls :) ). If it's "Destroyed" or "Knocked Out", you're SOL. Although sometimes ( I think ) it can have taken too much damage to work - then you might get a red/yellow arrow when trying to give the order. My sample size is still small.

Re. Flame weapons, I imagine that apart from the FX which might be quite complex, they also have to teach the AI how to use them and react to them. Plus there's the attendant battlefield effects ie. buildings/trees/fields catching fire, spreading(?), impeding movement ( adding impassable terrain on the fly - teaching AI how to react to that ) etc.

I believe them when they say it's taking a while.

Baneman,

So, crews can panic and come flying out of their AFVs, then get back in later after sorting themselves out, but a gun crew can't? In the first case "Dismounted," but "Abandoned" and can't be recrewed in the second? Makes no sense whatsoever to me! BFC, please fix this important glitch!

I see what you mean regarding the flame weapon issues, but I would've thought a great deal on this would've been adaptable from the CMx1 games, though admittedly the resolution and level of detailed modeling would be far higher in CMx2 games. As I noted, there is no flame weapon modeling in CMx2. Good thing the insurgents didn't have any of these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPO-A_Shmel

at least, that I know of!

Regards,

John Kettler

Well, the ability to dismount and/or bail is coded for vehicles, but not for Crew-served weapons.

Personally I feel that it is a missed opportunity for BFC - if Guns were regarded as vehicles, then the unman/reman capability would already be coded PLUS the all important advantage of being able to push it backwards ( ie. Reverse ) without the agonisingly slow 180degree rotate to move back 2 feet.

They would, however, have had to figure out a way to code them to be towed - but that would have been worthwhile. All the above is only my opinion though.

As it stands now though, Guns are different and have no dismount/unman/reman capability and I'm sure BF said that isn't going to change ( at least not until Version 3.0 hope hope ).

Yes, I'm sure the whole 1:1 modelling thing has meant vast changes to the AI, so it's not surprising that CM1 things don't carry over.