Un-modifiable hotkey ?

I posted this elsewhere, but it wasn't the right thread and got quickly subsumed.

I've remapped many keys to the familiar CM1 system , but although I mapped "Clear Target" to "X" - and it shows "X" on the button in the UI, it doesn't seem to actually work - is Clear Target a non-modifiable command ?

All other remappings appear to work.

I'm have some strange behaviors from some of my hot keys. For instance, the manual states that the DELETE KEY = Clear Unit Target and the BACKSPACE KEY = Delete Last Waypoint. Well, on my keyboard, the DELETE KEY is the BACKSPACE KEY and it doesn't do either of those things. Repeated pressings raise the camera height, just as if you were pressing the number keys in order. This is very annoying as I had gotten quite used to using it to delete the last waypoint when I wanted to adjust a move. Now I have to use the instant command to delete all waypoints and start over. Fortunately the new ability to drag waypoints ameliorates this somewhat.

Michael

For the moment, I am otherwise quite happy with my present mouse and keyboard. I have no plans to rush right out to get new ones just for this issue. It is an annoyance, but small potatoes in relation to my overall computational activities. However, I will keep your advice in mind and at such time I decide to go shopping for new equipment will look for those features.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
I hate to be a pain, but is there an official word on why the "Clear Target" key mapping doesn't "Take" ?

I use keyboard commands quite a lot - I find it faster than moving the mouse and lacking this one command throws out the system somewhat.

Because the config file is a text file with no "syntax" for untypable keys. So untypable keys like "Delete" (the default Clear Target button - I find it perfectly usable and intuitive, along with Backspace for Clear Waypoint) can't be remapped.

I posted this elsewhere, but it wasn't the right thread and got quickly subsumed.

I've remapped many keys to the familiar CM1 system , but although I mapped "Clear Target" to "X" - and it shows "X" on the button in the UI, it doesn't seem to actually work - is Clear Target a non-modifiable command ?

All other remappings appear to work.

This has been reported.