Fire Briefly! -- HMG combined with 60mm Mortar -- Great Suppression!

Congrats team BF!!

I really like the improvements made to CM:FI

I burned out a few months ago and had to take a break!! My apologies to Noob and others in his very cool umpire campaign.

I had a chance to play around with it for several hours this weekend (translation ... I totally holed myself up and turned off my phone and played for about 10 hours straight)

I especially like the "Fire Briefly" command. .... I can't believe I played CM for 12+ years without it! ... It is especially great for mortars!! ... or combining a HMG with mortars for continual suppression for low ammo expenditure. .... the HMG rounds hit the area first for 15 seconds. By the time the soldiers are recovering from the HMG fire, the mortar rounds start hitting.

You can suppress an entire area pretty well with just 15 seconds of HMG fire and about 5-7 60mm mortar rounds.

These "bursts" of mortar rounds make the weapon a lot more useful! You can keep it in the game for a lot longer. Before (at least in WeGo mode) ... mortars were basically 3 minutes of high-intensity fireworks ... and then rear-guard riflemen.

Hi Umlaut!

Yeah ... I had to take a bit of a sabbatical!! ;) .... I was using my free time to master the art of brewing beer from grain. (I was sick of Corona down here in Mexico) .... So far so good in the beer department! (Belgian Wheat Ales, American Pale Ales and nice Irish Dry Stouts ... mmmmmm :P )

But I'm ready to get back into Combat Mission again!

I'd be up for a H2H game with you again any time. I think the trick is going to be reducing the amount of H2H games. I'm going to limit myself to TWO max!!

Cheers!

Eric